Why bake when you can make perfectly crispy frozen fries in the air fryer?
No hungry bunch can resist a pile of crispy Cajun Fries that are ready just in time for the big game! These tasty French fries are so easy to make in the air fryer, and they turn out extra crispy and loaded with flavor with the simple addition of some Cajun seasoning mix!
Air Fryer Cajun Fries Recipe
- The air fryer is an amazing time-saving appliance! No prep, no pans, no oven, and no oil needed for perfectly fried results.
- Restaurant-quality fries are ready in minutes – hot and delicious and ready to be served as a snack, a side dish, or a late-night indulgence!
- Kids and grown-ups alike will love these zesty fries served their favorite dips and sauces!
Ingredients and Variations
FROZEN FRIES: Any fries will do! Thick steak fries and wedges, tater tots, home fries, waffle fries, and skinny shoestring fries all come out fluffy on the inside with a golden brown, crispy exterior! Try colorful and nutritious sweet potato fries, too!
SEASONINGS: Cajun seasoning has a perfect balance of savory spices with a little heat from the cayenne pepper. DIY your own blend and use it as a seasoning or as a rub for meats and fish!
How to Make Cajun Fries
What could be easier than two simple steps and an air fryer for a quick hot snack or side?
- Place fries in a single layer and air fry until golden brown.
- Once cooked, place them in a bowl and toss with seasoning until evenly coated.
Dips & Accompaniments
Best Recipe Tips
- Shake the air fryer basket every couple of minutes throughout the cooking process to ensure even cooking all around the fries.
- Add a little cornstarch to the seasoning mix so it absorbs moisture and sticks to the fries better.
- Keep leftover fries in a zippered bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat small portions in the air fryer and season lightly to freshen the flavor.
Always preheat the air fryer before adding the fries. And separate any frozen fries that might be stuck together before cooking.
Other Air Fryer Recipes To Try!
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings– so crispy and delicious.
- Tater Tot Nachos – yes, in the air fryer!
- Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots – perfect side or snack.
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks – quick 5 minute prep.
- 16 ounces frozen fries or fresh
- 2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Place fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook for 14-15 minutes. Shake basket a couple times to ensure even cooking.
- Put cooked fries in a bowl. Seasoning and toss until evenly coated.
- Preheat the air fryer before adding frozen fries.
- Separate any fries that may be stuck together.
- Shake the air fryer basket once or twice while cooking for even cooking.
- Cornstarch added to the seasoning mix will help it stick to the fries.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a zippered bag or covered container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat leftovers in the air fryer and season to taste.
REPIN this Air Fryer Cajun Fries recipe!