Nothing says comfort food more than a hot bowl of Chicken and Egg Noodles!
Creamy chicken soup, vegetables, noodles, and pre-cooked chicken are all ready to go in this shortcut take on a cold-weather classic. Make this hearty and heart-warming creamy chicken and noodles recipe and keep it warm in the Crockpot. Everyone can help themselves!
Chicken and Egg Noodles
PIN IT to your DINNER board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Creamy Chicken and Noodles
- Rainy days and sick days call for hot bowls of creamy chicken and noodles. Serve with a crisp and bright Easy Greek Salad and some tasty Dinner Rolls for dunking.
- Just like Gramma used to make, only this chicken and egg noodles recipe is ready in 3 steps using a can of instant soup and frozen veggies.
- Cook it into a casserole by adding more noodles, another can of cream of chicken soup, and milk.
Ingredients and Variations
NOODLES: Use wide egg noodles in this recipe because they hold up well, especially if it will be kept warm in a Crock Pot. Penne, rigatoni, and bowtie-shaped pasta will hold up well, too.
VEGETABLES: A bag of frozen vegetable medley is a time-saver for this recipe! Carrots, corn, and green beans are easy to find and use, or add other frozen veggies like peas, broccoli, peppers, or mushrooms.
SOUP: Cream of chicken soup is preferred but cream of celery, mushroom, even French onion can be used or mixed and matched.
How to Make Chicken & Egg Noodles
The beauty of this recipe is using ready-made ingredients!
- Make noodles, drain, and set aside.
- Heat remaining ingredients in a skillet (per recipe below).
- Add noodles and heat through.
Keep it super easy and use a rotisserie chicken. Cream will give the sauce an extra rich flavor, but unsweetened oat milk or soy milk can be used as an alternative to dairy. Be sure to cook the pasta al dente so it isn’t overcooked once it gets added back to the skillet.
Chicken and egg noodles taste even better the next day! Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator and reheat on the stovetop. Chicken and eggs noodles can be frozen for up to 8 weeks. Scoop cooled portions in a zippered bag with the date labeled on the outside. Thaw in the refrigerator or warm on the stove. Add fresh egg noodles to the leftovers since frozen and thawed noodles won’t be as firm.
Other Quick Recipes!
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese – a delicious twist.
- Sour Cream Noodle Bake – 15 minute prep!
- Pasta Primavera Recipe – loaded with veggies.
- Chicken Broccoli Ziti – so creamy and cheesy.
- Veggie Feta Pasta Recipe – delish!
Chicken and Egg Noodles
- 4 oz egg noodles
- 10 ounce can condensed chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 ½ cups frozen vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions and set aside
- Combine all ingredients together except for noodles in a medium sauce pan and cook until heated through and bubbling.
- Stir noodles into the chicken mixture and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Use cream for an extra rich sauce. Unsweetened oat milk or soy milk can be used as an alternative to dairy.
- Cook pasta al dente so it does not over cook when added back to the skillet.