Garlic Shrimp Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Garlic Shrimp Pasta is a quick and meal that has been loved by my family for years. Tender shrimp cooked in garlic butter and tossed with pasta makes the perfect easy meal!
This recipe is so quick (ready in under 20 minutes) making it the perfect weekday meal!
Garlic, butter and shrimp go together wonderfully!
This recipe is simple to make and has amazing flavors. Garlic and butter make the flavor of shrimp explode while the addition of tomatoes add freshness!
How to make your own Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Lemon pepper is the key spice on the shrimp in this recipe. It can be purchased by the bottle or in bulk at your local market.
Commercial lemon pepper tends to have a lot of salt so we love to create our own at home.
This allows us to control the amount of salt. You can create your own by combining the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup dried lemon rind
- 2-3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons of table salt
Adjust the proportions to meet your taste. Simply mix and store in a cool airtight container which should last for several months. It is great on fish and excellent on chicken as well!
How to Make Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- The secret to great shrimp is to make sure you don’t overcook it!
- Shrimp is done once it turns a bright pink color and it will coil up slightly.
In this Garlic Shrimp Pasta recipe, we simply melt butter with the olive oil, and add the seasoned shrimp and cook for a minute. Add the crushed garlic and cook until shrimp is done. Remove shrimp from pan.
Add a little bit of white wine and some tomatoes for the perfect light sauce.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta Substitutions
I love recipes that can be modified based on what I have on hand and this recipe is no exception! While this recipe calls for tomatoes, feel free to use your favorite veggie or whatever you have on hand.
I also love asparagus, zucchini, spinach, bell peppers and mushrooms. And don’t stop by just adding one, use several for a unique flavor combination!
More Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta – Favorite!!
- Shrimp Curry
- Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta – Easy to make!
- Greek Shrimp Pasta Salad
- Shrimp Boil Foil Packets Prep ahead (can be baked or grilled)
- 8 ounces pasta linguine or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper or to taste
- 1 pound shrimp uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese shredded
- Boil pasta al dente according to package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup of pasta water for later.
- Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium high heat. Season shrimp with lemon pepper and lemon zest if using. Add to pan and cook 3 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking until shrimp is pink and cooked through (about 2 more minutes). Remove from pan.
- Add white wine to deglaze pan.
- Add tomatoes to hot pan and stir just until heated. Add pasta, shrimp and remaining butter to pan. Toss to combine adding pasta water if needed to keep noodles moist (you likely will only need about 1/4 cup).
- Divide pasta over 4 bowls and top with parmesan cheese and parsley.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Garlic Shrimp Pasta is wonderful served by itself or you can pair it with my Easy Greek Salad and a dinner roll for a complete meal! Fast, easy and definitely delicious Garlic Shrimp Pasta will soon become a staple in your own recipe collection!