Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Delicately seasoned shrimp are cooked in garlic butter and smothered in a creamy thai chili sauce, then served over spaghetti or your favorite pasta! In just 20 minutes you’ll be sitting down to a creamy satisfying dinner!
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
This Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta is going to be your new go-to dinner. Shrimp and pasta were made for each other! Not only do they taste great together but both are super easy to cook and do so quite quickly making them great for whipping up a quick dinner. Add to this a delicious dessert and your family will be thrilled!
How to Make Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta:
Since this meal comes together quickly it’s important to have all the ingredients prepped and ready to add at the proper time.
- Combine mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and sriracha.
- If you want to keep this meal mild, you can decrease or omit the sriracha.
- You can use regular mayonnaise, light, or even Greek yogurt.
- Cook noodles according to package.
- Any shape of noodle works, just use what you have on hand and cook until al dente.
- Easily cook shrimp by sauteeing it in a pan with butter. Simply melt the butter in a pan and then cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side until pink.
- Add the garlic for the last 30 seconds, turn off the heat, and then you can add in the drained noodles and the sauce. Toss it until everything is evenly coated in that yummy creamy sauce.
Finish off the dish by sprinkling with cilantro and red pepper flakes. Many other recipes call for parsley or green onions but I love the refreshing flavor that cilantro brings and it always pairs wells with Thai Sweet Chili sauce.
Can I use frozen shrimp?
Yes! That’s what I use and it is a great idea for always having on hand for when you want to whip up this meal. To thaw the shrimp quickly, place them in a bowl of cold water for about 20 minutes. I recommend buying deveined shrimp so that all you have to do after the shrimp thaws is peel it.
This Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta is great for busy weeknights during the school year or during the summer when you want to spend more time out in the sun and less time in a hot kitchen. Enjoy!
More Favorite Shrimp Recipes
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Shrimp Dip
- Shrimp Boil Foil Packets
- Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Shrimp Curry
- Chinese Shrimp Toast
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta is a super quick and delicious dish that is perfect for busy nights. In just 20 minutes you'll be sitting down to a creamy satisfying dinner.
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 10 ounces shrimp deveined and peeled
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise regular, light, or Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup sweet thai chili sauce
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Mix all sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to direction on box and then drain.
Meanwhile, season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika. Melt the butter in a 12 inch pan and add the shrimp. Cook 1-2 minutes per side, adding the garlic the last 30 seconds.
Turn off the heat and add the pasta and sauce and toss together. Sprinkle with cilantro and chili flakes.
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love