Chicken Tetrazzini (or turkey)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Tetrazzini is a cheesy and delicious casserole made with chicken (or turkey), mushrooms and a creamy sauce. It is mixed with spaghetti noodles, topped with cheese, and baked till bubbly and golden.
This casserole is the perfect way to turn leftover turkey into a meal your family will love! Toss with cream of mushroom soup or a simple homemade alfredo sauce and pasta, then serve with cheesy breadsticks to soak up every last drop!
Pin it to your CASSEROLES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What is Chicken Tetrazzini?
Chicken Tetrazzini is a creamy casserole dish made with chicken, of course. This dish is traditionally served over pasta, or in this case, the pasta is baked right into the casserole! It is the perfect way to use up your leftover chicken or turkey! Leftover turkey tetrazzini anyone?
Since there are really no universal standards for a tetrazzini make modifications according to your preferences!
- Meat: Try making with seafood! It is so delicious with a combination of shrimp and scallops!
- Veggies: I love to use mushrooms, however, these can be omitted if you prefer. Add in some peas, maybe some broccoli for a fun change!
- Pasta: Any type of pasta will work for this casserole: penne, rotini, fettuccine, macaroni, and so many more!
- Sauce: Cream of chicken or mushroom soup are both equally delicious in this recipe! But if you don’t happen to have a can on hand create your own sauce like this Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce, which will work deliciously as well!
- Cheese: Trying topping this easy casserole with mozzarella, parmesan, or your favorite cheese!
- Add-Ins: Crushed nuts such as almonds or pecans can also be sprinkled on the top and are a fun way to change the recipe up a bit.
How to Make Chicken Tetrazzini
After days of turkey leftovers at Christmas or Thanksgiving, this is such a tasty and delightful way to change up your menu!
I also love to keep a rotisserie chicken handy in my refrigerator for sandwiches during the week! I clean the meat off to create a quick Chicken Tetrazzini! Such a simple and speedy meal for a busy weeknight!
- Cook spaghetti and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms and combine with sauce ingredients (see recipe below).
- Combine sauce, spaghetti, and leftover chicken in a casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese!
Bake then enjoy this cheesy creamy casserole dish! It is one of the best leftover casseroles we have tried.
What to Serve with Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken tetrazzini is a whole meal in itself, which is one of our favorite parts! But we also love to serve this up with a crisp side salad or some fresh veggies.
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers this recipe is great in the fridge or lasts for months in the freezer! Whether freezing or refrigerating store leftovers in an airtight container or a zippered freezer bag.
I love to store this in individual portions for a quick lunch or dinner on the go. If freezing the whole casserole make sure to line the casserole dish with foil wrap so you can lift it out once frozen and reuse your casserole dish.
- Fridge: This dish will last a few days in the fridge if it makes it that long with hungry kids around!
- Freezer: This recipe makes a great freezer meal! If stored in an airtight container, it should last up to 2 months in the freezer.
To reheat this casserole, pop individual portions in the microwave for 1-2 minutes at a time until heated through. If reheating a whole casserole it is best to pop it in the oven and bake according to the original recipe!
Easy Dinner Casseroles
Cowboy Casserole – easy, cheesy & versatile
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – ready in under an hour!
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole – easy weeknight dinner
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas – rich, creamy, & easy to make!
Cheesy Stuffed Shells Recipe – complete meal in one dish!
Chicken Tetrazzini is a creamy and delicious casserole. So simple and delicious your family will love it!
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 2 6.5 ounce cans canned mushrooms (13 oz total)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 10 ounce cans cream of mushroom soup (20 oz total)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup cheddar
Cook spaghetti & drain. Drain mushrooms and save liquid.
Melt butter and saute onions, adding mushroom liquid.
Blend in soup and stir until smooth. Gradually add the evaporated milk stirring constantly until smooth.
In a casserole dish, mix spaghetti, mushrooms, and chicken (or turkey). Pour in sauce. Top with cheese.
Bake at 350°F until heated through. (about 20 minutes or so depending on your oven)
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
The next time you are looking for an interesting and creative dish to serve to your family, try my Chicken Tetrazzini. So tasty and easy to prepare it will quickly become a family favorite!