Chicken Tetrazzini (or turkey)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Tetrazzini is a creamy and delicious casserole made with chicken (or turkey), mushrooms and a creamy sauce, all served over spaghetti noodles, topped with cheese and baked till bubbly and golden.
So simple and delicious your family will love it!
Pin it to your CASSEROLES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Chicken Tetrazzini is the perfect way to use up your leftover poultry. The recipe is excellent using either chicken or turkey!
After days of turkey leftovers at Christmas or Thanksgiving, this is such a tasty and delightful way to change up your menu! I also love to keep a rotisserie chicken handy in my refrigerator for sandwiches during the week!
I clean the carcass of all its meat to create a quick Chicken Tetrazzini! Such a simple and speedy meal for a busy weeknight!
There are really no universal standards for a tetrazzini. You can make many modifications according to your preferences:
- While I usually make my tetrazzini with poultry, it can also be made with seafood! It is so delicious with a combination of shrimp and scallops!
- I love to use mushrooms, however these can be omitted if you prefer.
- Cream of chicken or mushroom soup are both equally delicious in this recipe! Or if you don’t happen to have a can on hand you can create your own sauce like my Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce, which will work deliciously as well!
- I like to top this casserole with both cheddar and parmesan cheese, but mozzarella would work equally well.
- Crushed nuts such as almonds or pecans can also be sprinkled on the top and are a fun way to change the recipe up a bit.
We love to serve this up with a side salad and some cheesy bread.
Chicken Tetrazzini is a creamy and delicious casserole made with either chicken or turkey, mushrooms and creamed soup, all served over spaghetti noodles topped with cheese and baked till bubbly and golden. So simple and delicious your family will love it!
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 2 6.5 ounce cans canned mushrooms (13 oz total)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 10 ounce cans cream of mushroom soup
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup cheddar
Cook spaghetti & drain. Drain mushrooms and save liquid.
Melt butter and saute onion and then add mushroom liquid.
Blend in soup and stir until smooth. Gradually add the evaporated milk stirring constantly until smooth.
In casserole dish, mix spaghetti, mushrooms and chicken (or turkey). Pour in sauce. Top with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees until heated through. (about 20 minutes or so depending on your oven)
(Nutriton information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
The next time you are looking for an interesting and creative dish to serve to your family, try my Chicken Tetrazzini. So tasty and easy to prepare it will quickly become a family favorite!
More Recipes You’ll Love