It’s so easy to make! On the stovetop or in the slow cooker, you’ll have a tasty supper on the table in no time! You won’t hear any complaints when you serve up this cheesy casserole! Serve with a crunchy apple walnut salad and a slice of cheesy bread to soak up the leftover sauce!
Easy Chicken Spaghetti
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more yummy ideas!
What Ingredients Are In Chicken Spaghetti?
Chicken Spaghetti reminds me of an Italian snack known as “spaghettata di mezzanote.” In Italy, “midnight spaghetti” is what they’ll throw together for a snack before hitting the sack! It is a good supper alternative to “spaghettata” if you need some protein to get you through a busy evening.
With no exotic ingredients, it’s simple to find substitutes if necessary!
- Pasta: This recipe is made with spaghetti but any pasta would work. Cook it al dente and drain well.
- Creamy Sauce: Cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, Velveeta cheese and milk all combined to create a smooth and creamy sauce. You’ll want to dig in before it’s even finished cooking!
- Mix-Ins: this recipe adds cooked chicken and petite diced tomatoes, but get creative and add in any veggies you enjoy. Green peppers or a can of mushrooms would be a great addition!
Making Chicken Spaghetti on the Stove Top:
Make this easy dish on the stove top for a simple weeknight meal ready in 30 mins!
- Melt Velveeta and milk together into a large pot.
- When almost melted, add soup, whisking until smooth. Stir in drained tomatoes.
- Add the spaghetti and chicken. Toss ingredients, covering with sauce
Serve steaming hot with your favorite sides!
Making It In A CrockPot:
This recipe is as simple as slow cooker meals come! Just place all the ingredients in the crockpot and stir. It will be waiting for you when you come home!
- Mix all ingredients together in a greased slow cooker.
- Stir every 30 minutes or so. (If leaving the house, mix in a little extra milk when you come home.)
Cook on low two hours or until all the Velveeta is melted and steaming hot.
The Best Chicken Spaghetti Sides
Chicken Spaghetti tastes great with a spinach strawberry salad. Try it with a Southwestern Salad with avocado dressing, or a Caesar Salad. Cheesy breadsticks with Italian seasoning are terrific for dipping in the cheesy sauce!
How to Reheat It
Chicken Spaghetti shines when you reheat it, just make it into a casserole!
- Place it in a greased baking pan. If the pasta has dried out at all or isn’t saucy enough, stir in some milk.
- Sprinkle extra cheese on top, and put in the oven at 350°F. Bake 20 minutes or until it is piping hot.
Another option is to grease or line muffin tins, fill with ½ cup of Chicken Spaghetti. Bake with cheese on top for about 15 to 20 minutes for a fun lunch for the kids! These “Chicken Spaghetti Nests” can even be reheated in the microwave at school!
As you can see, Chicken Spaghetti is as versatile and satisfying a dish as any you could find!
More Creamy Goodness
- Cheesy Taco Pasta recipe – rich, gooey, and utterly scrumptious!
- Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole – easy weeknight dinner!
- Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice – just 10 mins prep
- Creamy Mushroom Beef Stroganoff recipe – quick and convenient
- Hot Dog Mac & Cheese Casserole recipe – kid approved!
Easy Chicken Spaghetti - on the Stovetop or CrockPot!
- 16 ounces spaghetti cooked and drained
- 1 pound velveeta cheese cubed
- 2 cups chicken cooked and diced
- 10 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes or rotel drained
- ½ cup milk
For the Stove Top:
- In a large pot melt velveeta and milk over medium heat.
- Once Velveeta is almost melted, add both cans of soup and the can of tomatoes (drained).
- Stir until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Add spaghetti & chicken and serve!
For the Crock Pot:
- Mix all ingredients and place into greased slow cooker.
- Stir every 30 minutes or so.
- Cook on low 2 hours or until all the velveeta is melted.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.