This Veggie Feta Pasta Recipe uses summer vegetables at their peak of freshness, combined with creamy feta and tender pasta for an explosion of flavors and textures.
This hearty and creamy summer entree is colorful, flavorful, and so easy to make! Simply nestle a block of feta in the middle of a pan filled with veggies, bake and then toss with cooked pasta. This veggie filled version of the famous feta pasta bake TikTok video is unlike any other.
Veggie Feta Pasta Recipe
PIN IT to your DINNER board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Why We Love This Feta Pasta Recipe
- When heated, feta turns creamy and smooth creating a tender sauce that pairs exceptionally well with mushrooms, zucchini and tomatoes.
- Combine the melted feta and veggies with your favorite pasta and fresh basil for a hearty and filling meal.
- This easy recipe is so simple to make and works great as a side for summer BBQ dinners.
- Try this feta pasta recipe with Instant Pot Ribs, Pepper Steak, or Easy Shredded Chicken (the shredded chicken would be great to toss into the bake as well!).
Veggie Feta Pasta Bake Ingredients
VEGETABLES: At the peak of harvest, tomatoes, zucchini, sweet onions, and bell peppers are in abundance and at the height of flavor. These vegetables can also be found year-round at the grocery store. While any tomato will do, cherry tomatoes are the easiest to cut and toss into this recipe. Remember to cut the zucchini into bite-sized moon pieces.
SPICES: Italian seasoning and red chili flakes give this bake some added flavoring.
CHEESE: There is something so fresh and summery about feta cheese. A little bit tangy and salty, it adds a boost of flavor to salads and vegetables. Plus it has a low-fat content and it’s high in protein. But feta isn’t just for salads, it is also ideal used in baking because it takes on a delicious, creamy consistency.
PASTA: There are so many options when it comes to choosing pasta for this recipe. Choose small noodles like bowtie or rotini pasta, or simply use what you have on hand in the pantry!
VARIATIONS: Add some cut chicken to give this feta pasta bake some added protein, and add some olives for even more flavor. Make sure to add olives after the vegetables have cooked and toss with the noodles.
How To Make Feta Pasta
Just a few easy steps for this recipe:
- Cut the vegetables & toss with olive oil and spices.
- Place on a pan and nestle feta in the middle & roast.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, add to the cooked vegetables.
- Add fresh basil.
Serve and enjoy!
Feta Pasta Recipe Tips
Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water but don’t overcook it. Al dente (meaning firm) noodles, will adhere to the feta sauce better.
When draining the pasta, remember to reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Adding some of this starch filled water when mixing the pasta into the sauced veggies, will help create a sauce with a creamy consistency. Be sure to add the water slowly, a bit at a time, until the sauce looks like it is coated nicely.
Add the fresh basil just at the end. If it is added too early it won’t be as crisp and flavorful.
Simple Time Savers!
Chop the vegetables ahead of time, and store covered in the refrigerator. This makes it perfect for busy weeknights, or when entertaining guests.
More Pasta & Veggies!
- Pasta Primavera Recipe – creamy veggie and pasta recipe!
- Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe – colorful and fresh.
- Fajita Pasta – perfectly spiced!
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad – delicious summer salad.
- Broccoli Ziti – with chicken.
- Boursin Cheese Pasta – creamy and delicious.
Veggie Feta Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounce block of feta cheese room temperature
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini sliced into thick moons
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ sweet onion slivered
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 8 oz cooked pasta
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh basil and parsley for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil, garlic, and seasonings in a 9x13 baking dish. Nestle the block of feta into the middle of the veggies.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Stir the vegetables and roast an additional 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Broil 2-3 minutes to lightly brown the cheese.
- While the vegetables are baking, cook pasta al dente in salted water. Drain and reserve at least 1 cup of pasta water.
- Gently stir the feta and vegetables. Mix in pasta adding just enough pasta water to make a creamy sauce.
- Stir in fresh basil and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.