Make this Bow Tie Pasta Salad for the next BBQ, picnic, or family gathering. It will be all dressed up and ready to go!
Nothing says summer more than a cold, creamy pasta salad with lots of fresh vegetables! This bowtie pasta salad has everyone’s favorite vegetables like onions, celery, tomatoes, and black olives mixed with ready-made ranch dressing. Ready in minutes and gone just as fast!
Bow Tie Pasta Salad
PIN IT to your SALADS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Simple Summer Pasta Salad
- Colorful ingredients, loaded with flavor and texture, make this pasta salad recipe a winner on any picnic or potluck table!
- Make this zesty summer salad in minutes and keep it chilled until ready to serve!
- Make it a main dish with shredded chicken, turkey, ham, or shrimp!
Favorite Fresh Ingredients & Variations
PASTA: Bow tie pasta is a festive-looking pasta with a large surface area that catches the dressing. Choose other larger style noodles like penne, rotini, and large shells that the dressing can cling to.
VEGGIES: Colorful veggies are what make this dish so appealing! Why not add sundried tomatoes, spinach, cucumber, sliced pepperoncini, peas, shredded brussels sprouts or carrots, or some crunchy water chestnuts?
CHEESE: Choose your cheese! Crumbles, shredded, and even cubes will give this salad a new look every time! Try feta, parmesan, mozzarella, blue cheese, and even sharp cheddar.
DRESSING: Ranch dressing is what makes this dish so easy. Just pour and stir! Add some buffalo sauce for a zesty salad or a little sriracha for a more spicy dressing.
How to Make Bow Tie Pasta Salad
This salad is a colorful and delicious dish.
- Cook, drain, and cool pasta.
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix.
- Refrigerate (as per the recipe below).
- Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper.
Recipe Tips for the Best Pasta Salad
For best results, cook pasta to ‘al dente’. Drain pasta, then ‘shock it’ by placing in a large bowl of ice water, which stops the cooking process and keeps the pasta extra firm.
Shortcut Tips and Tricks
Store leftover bow tie pasta salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Stir and refresh with a little extra ranch dressing before serving again or add fresh pasta.
Other Tasty Pasta Salad Recipes!
- Easy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad – quick 10 minute prep.
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad – a hearty entree salad.
- Orzo Pasta Salad – so bright and fresh.
- Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe – ready in 30 minutes
- Greek Shrimp Pasta Salad – so light and delish.
Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- ½ red onion diced
- ½ cup celery chopped
- ½ cup tomato diced
- ⅓ cup black olives sliced
- Cook the pasta 'al dente' according to package directions. Drain and cool completely.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, and stir before serving.
- Pro Tip! Cook pasta to ‘al dente’ then drain well. Next, ‘shock' the pasta by placing in a large bowl of ice water. This stops the cooking process and will help keep the pasta firm.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Stir before serving and add a bit of ranch dressing to refresh the flavors.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Bow Tie Pasta Salad recipe!