Cook like an Italian maestro in the kitchen with this Easy Shrimp Alfredo recipe.
Cream sauce and noodles. Is there anything better? Well, maybe there is if some delicate shrimp is added to the mix. This alfredo recipe is not only easy to make for a quick mid-week meal, but is also decadent enough for entertaining on the weekend. Sometimes the most simple meals are the best.
Easy Shrimp Alfredo
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Pasta Dish
- It isn’t hard to make a homemade Italian dish that tastes just like something from the Italian countryside. In this recipe, fettuccine noodles are tossed with alfredo sauce either from a jar or from scratch. A little bit of lemon zest, fresh garlic, some salt and pepper, and of course shrimp make this meal superbly rich and delicious.
- Not only is this dish delicious and creamy it is also so quick and simple to make. It is one of the best recipes in Italian cooking.
- Serve this dish with a Pesto Caprese Salad, Tomato Salad, or Spinach and Strawberry Salad. Try adding the BEST Cheesy Bread EVER or these Cheesy Breadsticks for a complete meal that will satisfy the most hearty appetite. Save room for some Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars for dessert!
Ingredients & Variations
THE PASTA: The pasta of choice for this recipe is fettuccine. Long like spaghetti but flatter and made with eggs and flour, this noodle pairs perfectly with the creamy alfredo sauce.
SHRIMP: Buy smaller bite-sized shrimp for this recipe. To defrost the shrimp, leave it in a bowl overnight in the refrigerator. If shrimp needs to be defrosted quickly, place in a colander and run cold water over until thawed. To peel the shrimp just pull off the hard casing and the legs. If it doesn’t come off easily the shell may need a little cracking. The shrimp can also be deveined (this is a matter of personal preference). To devein is to remove that black line that runs the length of the shrimp. Just slice it out with a small paring knife. Or simply purchase shrimp without the shell that has been deveined.
THE SAUCE: Use a jar of typical alfredo sauce. Although it is quite simple and more satisfying to make a homemade version. The recipe card gives some hints and suggestions for an alfredo from scratch.
VARIATIONS: Add a little parmesan cheese to the alfredo sauce.
How to Make an Easy Shrimp Alfredo
The family will love this easy shrimp alfredo.
- Cook the noodles (as per the recipe below).
- Cook the shrimp with garlic, lemon, salt, and pepper.
- Add the alfredo sauce to the pan.
- In a separate bowl mix the noodles with the sauce and shrimp.
Tips for a Creamy Pasta
Be sure to keep some of the pasta water. Pasta water is perfect to loosen the noodles and keep them moist, plus it also works well to thin out the sauce. Remember to add it gradually, so it does not become too watery.
Don’t overcook the shrimp, they do tend to cook quickly. Once they turn pink, they are cooked!
Other Easy Shrimp Pasta Recipes To Try!
- Shrimp Pesto Pasta – just 10 minute prep.
- Garlic Shrimp Pasta – with tomatoes, delish!
- Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta – perfectly spiced.
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta – with just the right amount of kick.
Easy Shrimp Alfredo
- Cook fettuccine according to package. Drain and reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Toss shrimp with garlic, lemon zest, salt & pepper. Add to the heated pan and cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the alfredo sauce to the pan and heat through. Remove from the heat and toss with cooked fettuccine and shrimp adding additional pasta water if needed.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and additional parmesan.
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese finely shredded
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- ½ teaspoons salt & pepper (each)
- Reserved pasta water is perfect to keep noodles moist. And also helps thin a sauce that becomes too thick.
- Shrimp cook fast, so watch carefully. Once they turn pink, they are cooked!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Easy Shrimp Alfredo Recipe!
Recipe adapted from SpendWithPennies