Peanut Butter Bars are a super easy and delicious snack!
This no-bake, no-fuss dessert has only five ingredients and takes only fifteen minutes to make!
When I was young, I used to help my mom make the simplest cookie recipe ever.
It contained one cup of sugar, one cup of peanut butter and an egg. That’s it! We’d mix the ingredients together, then bake them for about 10 minutes in a 350 F oven. The result was a very simple, very kid-friendly peanut butter cookie.
I won’t lie. I still love a good peanut butter cookie.
The taste brings me back to my childhood, and my kids love them too. But in the (couple of) decades since then, I’ve experimented with a few other peanut butter treats and these peanut butter bars have become my new favorite.
They’re deceptively simple to make and you can serve them just about anywhere.
Family get together? Check! School bake sale? Check!
And while they’re a little more complex than the cookies I used to make with Mom, they’re still a perfect addition to your family cookbook – don’t forget to ask the kids for help!
Tips for perfect Peanut Butter Bars:
- First, the recipe calls for a pan lined with aluminum foil. You could use a dark, non-stick baking pan, but the tin foil makes it much easier to lift the bars from the pan without breaking them. Just lift and cut.
- Secondly, I’ve found that a double boiler works better than the microwave to melt the chocolate chips. You’ll have more control over the temperature, and your chocolate will be less likely to burn.
- Don’t have a double boiler? No problem! Just fill a pot about ¼ full of water and place an oven proof bowl inside. The bowl shouldn’t touch the bottom. Pour your peanut butter and chocolate chips inside the bowl, and heat the water.
Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 ½ Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together the butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and 1 cup of peanut butter until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a 9X13 inch baking dish.
- Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave.
- Spread mixture over bars.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into bars and serve.
I hope you enjoy these Peanut Butter Bars as much as I do. Peanut butter treats are timeless – and while you could just combine peanut butter with some sugar and an egg, I think you’ll like these much better!
More Recipes You’ll Love