Every home baker needs this Peanut Butter Bars Recipe for a quick and easy summer dessert!
A sweet peanut butter graham cracker crust is topped with a rich chocolate layer for a super easy dessert that is so delicious. Crunchy, sweet and so good, these bars are the stuff “sweet-treat dreams” are made of. And since it’s a no-bake recipe, it’s perfect for those hot summer days when no one wants to turn the oven on!
Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Everyone loves the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. These uber-chewy bars are melt-in-your-mouth delish.
- No-bake peanut butter bars are ready in minutes, totally portable, and always a crowd favorite! Make in advance and let them chill all day for easier cutting.
- Crunchy or creamy? This homemade recipe is perfect for using either! Plus, the peanut butter adds a little protein burst of nutrition!
Ingredients & Variations
BARS: Make a super simple crust using graham crackers, a little powdered sugar, some butter, and peanut butter to hold everything together. For a crunchier base, use crushed corn flakes, rice crispies, crushed peanut butter, or Oreo cookies.
TOPPING: Semisweet chocolate chips have a milder flavor than dark chocolate, but either will do. Stir in some chopped nuts, toasted coconut, dried fruit, and toffee bits, or add some white or peanut butter chips to the top.
How to Make Peanut Butter Bars
These no-bake bars are the perfect bring-along snack or dessert for that BBQ or potluck.
- Combine all of the bar ingredients in a bowl.
- Press the mixture into a lined baking dish.
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in the microwave (as per the recipe below).
- Spread the topping over the bar base and refrigerate.
- Cut into desired-sized bars and serve.
PRO TIP: When melting peanut butter and chocolate pause every 30 seconds and stir the mixture so it melts evenly. Make sure the bowl and mixing spoon are dry otherwise the mixture will ‘seize’ and become grainy.
Other Ah-mazing No-Bake Desserts
It’s best to store peanut butter bars in the refrigerator between layers of parchment paper so they don’t stick together. Freeze them the same way for up to 1 month. Or wrap individually in plastic wrap, then in a zippered bag to freeze for a quick grab and go treat.
Always use parchment paper to line the bottom of the dish. Overlap on two ends to use as makeshift pulls to lift the bars out. The colder the better! Slice for serving, storing, or freezing once they are chilled.
More Dessert Bar Recipes
- Monster Magic Cookie Bars – Legendary!
- Mississippi Mud Cookies – Gooey and delicious.
- Peanut Butter White Chocolate Fudge – Perfect for peanut butter lovers.
- Caramel Brownies – So decadent!
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars – Just 10 minute prep.
Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- Combine all bar ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Press the mixture into a parchment lined 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave.
- Stir until smooth and spread over the bars.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Cut into bars and serve.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper for easy clean up and easy removal.
- Slice bars once they are cooled completely.
- Refrigerate peanut butter bars between layers of parchment paper, or wrap individually in plastic wrap. Bars can be frozen in the same way then stored in a zippered bag for up to 1 month.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Peanut Butter Bars Recipe!