That jar of peanut butter in the pantry is calling out, begging to be made into these sweet No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars.
Need to satisfy that sweet tooth? Well, this quick and easy no bake dessert might just be the answer. And with four simple and easy to find ingredients, these bars will be ready in no time at all! They make a delicious dessert, an indulgent snack or treat that everyone will love.
No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best No-Bake Bars
- Smooth peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and honey are the main ingredients for these sweet and lovely bars. Homemade oatmeal peanut butter bars are decadent, soft and chewy, and super hard to resist.
- This is a no fuss and no muss recipe! Simply melt the peanut butter and honey in the microwave, mix in the remaining ingredients and press into a pan – that’s it! It’s the best dessert choice for a hot summer day and so simple that even the kids can get in on the fun!
- Serve with a Peppermint Mocha Latte in the cool months, and when the sum comes out try them with this Sparkling Berry Lemonade.
- These bars are flourless, so they are a great choice for anyone on a gluten free diet.
Ingredients & Variations
PEANUT BUTTER: Smooth or crunchy peanut butter, it won’t matter. Although a brand like Peter Pan Ground Peanut Butter is a great choice because it is both smooth and crunchy! Yes, that is possible. Plus it has no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
OATS: Quick-cooking rolled oats are the perfect choice for this recipe.
CHOCOLATE: Remember to purchase semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe.
VARIATIONS: Add a splash of vanilla or a dash of cinnamon for extra flavor. Sprinkle the top with extra chocolate chips or add some dried cranberries for some color.
How to Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Melt, mix and press. Voila dessert is made!
- Microwave peanut butter and honey.
- Add rolled oats and chocolate chips, then mix.
- Press into a pan.
- Refrigerate (as per the recipe below).
Tips for a Soft Chewy Dessert
Microwave the peanut butter and honey at short intervals, so it will not overcook or harden.
Cover pan with plastic wrap to keep bars from drying out. Or once cool, cut bars and wrap each one individually with plastic wrap. Toss wrapped bars into a ziplock bag and store in the refrigerator or the freezer. They make the perfect quick grab and go treat!
Remember to let the bars chill and set in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Other Easy No Bake Treats!
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats – chocolate & peanut butter – yum!
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars – a great no bake recipe.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – stovetop recipe.
- No Bake Coconut Pecan Cookies – so gooey.
- Microwave Chocolate Peppermint Fudge – quick 5 minute recipe.
No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup honey
- Place peanut butter and honey in a large bowl and microwave for 1 minute or until melted.
- Once melted and smooth stir in the rolled oats and chocolate chips. Stir until fully incorporated and chocolate has melted.
- Spread mixture into a parchment-lined 9x9 pan.
- Chill for an hour before cutting and serving.
- Microwave the peanut butter and honey at short intervals.
- Cover bars with plastic wrap to keep from drying out.
- Once cool, cut bars and wrap individually with plastic wrap. Toss into a ziplock bag and refrigerate, or freeze.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars recipe!