Mississippi Mud Cookies are a dual chocolate sensation! A semi-sweet chocolate cookie base crowned with toasty marshmallow bits and drizzled with luscious milk chocolate create a rich, fudgy hand-held treat!
Mississippi Mud Cookies
Pin it to your DESSERTS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What Are Mud Cookies?
Mississippi and its famous muddy river are the inspiration behind these Mississippi Mud Cookies.
Mud Cookies are a double chocolate sensation that begins with a semi-sweet chocolate chip cookie base, that is crowned with toasty marshmallow bits. Finally, it is drizzled with luscious milk chocolate to create a rich, fudgy hand-held treat that can be enjoyed without the hassle of a plate and fork.
How To Make Mud Cookies?
These Mississippi Mud Cookies are super easy to make! And this recipe makes plenty to share with friends and neighbors too, so feel free to spread the chocolate love!
- Cookie Base – Mix together the cookie base ingredients, scoop onto a cookie sheet, and bake.
- Marshmallows – Press these fluffy little candy clouds into the dough and bake. When they emerge from the oven they’ll have a lightly crispy exterior with a soft, chewy inside that replicates every chocoholics wildest dream.
- Chocolate Drizzle – Once cookies are cooled, drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the toasted marshmallows!
Tips for Success!
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper for simple clean up!
- Be sure to cool down the melted chocolate before adding it to the cookie dough. If the dough is warm before placing it into the oven, the cookies will spread too much.
- Keep the marshmallows on top! If you stir the marshmallows into the dough with the milk chocolate chips and pecans (toasted, of course!), the batter will cover up all that toast-able surface area and you’ll miss out on the s’mores-like action!
You are going to love these layered chocolate-on-chocolate mud cookie masterpieces! They are perfect to serve at parties and potlucks this summer!
Other Yummy Treats To Try!
Cosmic Brownies – so easy to make!
Peanut Butter White Chocolate Fudge – a sweet treat.
Almond Joy Cookies – deliciously different.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – a twist on a family favorite.
Butterscotch Blondies – for brownie lovers.
Mississippi Mud Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Melt semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave. Cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, 1 at a time until combined. Add cooled, melted chocolate chips and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to the chocolate mixture. The dough will seem sticky but thats how you want it. Add 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Scoop dough onto the cookie sheet with an ice cream scoop. Flatten each slightly so there is a flat surface to place marshmallows on. Bake 8 minutes.
- Pull cookie tray out and place about 4-5 mini marshmallows on top of each cookie and press down. Place back into the oven for another 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly brown and fluffy.
- Cool cookies on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat steps with remaining dough.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining 3/4 cup of chocolate chips. Pour into a disposable piping bag and cut the tip off. Drizzle chocolate over the cookies.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.