Make these super easy, super time-saving Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars with ready-made ingredients.
Chocolate chip cookie cheesecake is a favorite treat, and for good reason. It’s so easy to make and loaded with decadent creamy and chocolatey goodness. Why not make a double batch and take them to a backyard barbecue or a potluck dinner. Keep some in the freezer for a cool and creamy grab and go summer treat. Let the snacking begin!
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars!
- Sweetened, creamy cheesecake is layered between a crispy graham cracker crust and baked with a cookie dough topping. It’s an easy peasy recipe that’s ready in minutes!
- These festive bars are perfect for sudden snack attacks and last-minute party invites!
- Use ready-made chocolate chip cookie dough and homemade cheesecake for the ultimate shortcut!
Ingredients and Variations
CHEESECAKE BATTER: Switch up the flavors by using different extracts like banana, rum, coconut, orange, lemon, or lime. Finely diced dried fruit like mangos, cherries, and cranberries offer a sweet and colorful variation! Swirl in peanut butter or caramel sauce before baking.
COOKIE DOUGH: Experiment with other tubes of cookie dough like Oreo, sugar cookies, toffee bits, peanut butter, or red velvet! Or give this DIY oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe a try.
How to Make Cheesecake Cookie Bars
These yummy bars are so easy to make:
- Prepare and bake the graham cracker crust as directed in the recipe below.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar, then mix in egg and vanilla.
- Pour batter over the cooked crust. Flatten chunks of cookie dough and lay over the cheesecake layer.
- Bake until cheesecake is set. Cool completely before cutting and serving.
Tips and Tricks
- A ready-made graham cracker pie crust can be crumbled and used!
- Lightly flour your hands to keep the dough from sticking to them.
- Wipe the knife clean with a damp cloth between cutting pieces for a clean look.
How to Store
Keep leftover chocolate chip cheesecake bars in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. They can be frozen if wrapped tightly in plastic wrap for up to 3 months. Allow them to thaw or enjoy them as a frozen treat!
Other Delish Bars To Try!
- Peanut Butter Bars Recipe – a tasty no-bake treat.
- No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars – 5 minute prep!
- Strawberry Shortcake Bars – a delight.
- Monster Magic Cookie Bars – everyone’s fav dessert.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoon butter melted
- ½ cup sugar divided
- 1 tube refrigerated cookie dough or you can make your own
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the melted butter, ¼ cup sugar, and the graham cracker crumbs in a large bowl. Press into pan and bake for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter onto the already cooked crust. Flatten cookie dough with hands and place on top of the cheesecake layer, covering most of the cheesecake.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the cheesecake is set.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Try a ready-made graham cracker pie crust. Just crumble and pack into the bottom of pan.
- When slicing, wipe the blade with a damp cloth between cuts for a clean look.
- Refrigerate bars in a covered container up to 4 days.
- Wrap each individually, then place in a zippered bag for long term freezer storage, up to 3 months.
- Thaw or enjoy as a frozen treat.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars Recipe!
If making your own cookie dough how much would you use? I never use refrig. cookie dough so I don’t know how much would be in one tube. Thank you
Is it powdered sugar with the cream cheese or regular?
Can I Use A Graham Cracker Pie Crust Instead..???? Please Answer Thanks.