Put a little creamy crunch into dessert with these decadent and simple-to-make butterscotch crunchies!
With only 3-ingredients these butterscotch cookies are so quick and easy to make. They are also the perfect summer dessert since they require no baking. Just melt, mix, mound, and cool. These are the best to bring to summer gatherings, picnics, or BBQs and can be whipped up in no time.
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best No-Bake Cookies
- These cookies are so easy and so fast to make! Only three ingredients, minimal effort, and no oven needed makes these the best cookies.
- This recipe is reminiscent of no-bake treats from childhood, loaded with sweet and smooth nutty and buttery flavors. These are downright addictive.
- Minimal ingredients also make them super affordable – butterscotch chips, peanut butter, and frosted flakes. Buy a large container of peanut butter and use the extra to make these peanut butter cookies or make peanut butter frosting which is superb for topping peanut butter & jelly cupcakes.
Easy 3 Ingredient Cookies
CHIPS: Instead of the typical chocolate chips, this dessert calls for the butterscotch version. These chips are richly flavored and will add a deeper dimension of sweetness to the cookie. If the larger bag is cheaper then buy it, and use leftovers for butterscotch blondies or butterscotch bars.
CEREAL: Frosted flakes will give this cookie its distinctive sweet crunch. Replace the frosted flakes with some corn flakes for a cookie that is a little less sweet.
PEANUT BUTTER: Smooth and creamy peanut butter pairs so nicely with the butterscotch. Any extra peanut butter can be used for this peanut butter breakfast bar recipe and peanut butter rice krispie treats.
VARIATIONS: Instead of the frosted flakes, use chow mein noodles. They are a little less sweet but just as crunchy. Don’t have butterscotch chips? Then use regular chocolate chips or any other flavored chip.
How to Make Butterscotch No Bake Cookies
Make these little haystacks of sweetness from scratch in just a few easy steps.
- Melt the chips (per the recipe below).
- Stir in peanut butter and add the flakes.
- Place onto a cookie sheet and refrigerate.
Tips for Soft Butterscotch Cookies
- A non-stick pot will work best.
- It’s very important to stir the butterscotch chips frequently when melting so that they don’t burn.
- The butterscotch and peanut butter mixture should be smooth just before adding the frosted flakes.
- The mixture will be wet but not necessarily sticky when you first drop the mounds onto the wax paper, but they will stick together as they harden.
More No Bake Creations
- No Bake Mini Cheesecake Cups – sweet and creamy!
- No Bake Coconut Pecan Cookies – chunky and sweet
- No Bake Key Lime Pie – refreshing!
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars – a grab-and-go snack
- 11 ounces butterscotch chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 4 cups frosted flakes or corn flakes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Add butterscotch chips to a large non-stick pot and melt over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once chips are melted, stir in peanut butter until fully combined.
- Stir in cornflakes and remove from heat. Use an ice cream scoop to quickly scoop mounds of the mixture onto the prepared pan.
- Chill until they are hard, usually about 1 hour.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.