This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you love zesty chicken or beef fajitas, now you can have them in a convenient one pot meal! Grilled chicken and vegetables with tangy lime flavor, served with pasta in a creamy and spicy sauce…Chicken Fajita Pasta includes all the food groups in one pot!
It is so easy to adapt this recipe to different tastes. Trying Meatless Mondays? Leave the meat out for a vegetarian dish. You can also add creole seasoning to make a Cajun fajita pasta like this Cajun Chicken Alfredo or try using beef instead of chicken like in Cheesy Taco Pasta or even use these same flavors in a Chicken Stuffed Shells Recipe.
Pin it your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What’s In It?
- A creamy sauce full of spices and unique tangy flavor, this sauce is one for ye old recipe box. If you can, keep a batch of homemade Fajita Seasoning on hand to add to this delicious sauce!
- Grilled chicken goes great with the sauce, it almost reminds me of Butter Chicken with a Mexican twist!
- Grilled peppers and onions are what give this dish its distinctive fajita flavor! After all, what’s a fajita without peppers and onions?
- Pasta can be any type, but this recipe tastes amazing with linguine or fettuccine. Go for gluten free if you wish.
Let’s Make Some Pasta
- Make the marinade and separate into two containers; one for the chicken and one for the vegetables.
- Grill the chicken and the vegetables.
- Boil the pasta. (If you are a one pot purist, drain the pasta, then use the same pot to make the sauce.)
- Make the sauce and mix in the chicken and vegetables. Heat through, serve, and enjoy!
Other Delicious Additions
It’s ok to serve sides with a one pot meal. Really, I promise! There’s absolutely nothing like a slice of crusty garlic bread or cheesy breadsticks served along side this tasty chicken pasta dish.
Reheating Fajita Pasta
One of my sneaky tricks is to freeze the leftovers in an airtight oven proof dish with a lid.
- Defrost overnight in the fridge.
- When you get home from work or a day at the park with the kids, mix some extra sour cream in until moist and creamy, sprinkle some crushed corn flakes and dot with butter. Add a little smoked paprika on top for color and extra zing.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until steaming hot. Ta-DA! Fajita Casserole is served!
And don’t forget that the great joy of a one pot meal is due to two simple words – minimal cleanup!
More Delicious Pasta Recipes
Creamy One Pot Pasta – simple one pot meal.
Tuscan Pasta – so easy!
Easy Chicken Spaghetti! – stovetop or crockpot, your choice.
Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells – family favorite
Baked Macaroni & Cheese – this one has a secret ingredient!
Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta with Grilled Chicken – tomato cream sauce is delicious!
Grilled chicken and vegetables with tangy lime flavor, served with pasta in a creamy and spicy sauce...Chicken Fajita Pasta is the perfect one pot meal!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 bell peppers red, green, orange or yellow
- 8 oz long pasta spaghetti, linguine etc
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon each cumin & chili powder
- 2 green onions or 1 Tablespoon chopped white onion
- Combine marinade ingredients and blend together. In 2 separate containers, marinate chicken breasts in one container and vegetables in the second container for 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours).
- Preheat grill to medium and grill the chicken about 5 minutes each side or until no pink remains. Grill peppers & onion just until slightly softened.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, bring cream, broth, chili powder & bring to a boil. Let boil until reduced by half (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in lime zest, 1 tablespoon lime juice and sour cream.
- Drain pasta well, do not rinse or oil. Add to the cream sauce along with sliced chicken & vegetables. Heat through and serve immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)