Chicken Fajita Pasta is a delicious combination of grilled chicken and vegetables with tangy lime flavor, served with pasta in a creamy and spicy sauce.
It is so easy to adapt this recipe to different tastes. Leave the meat out for a vegetarian dish, add creole seasoning to make a Cajun fajita pasta like this cajun chicken alfredo, or try using beef instead of chicken like in cheesy taco pasta or use these same flavors as the chicken stuffed shells recipe.
Pin it your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Fajita Pasta Ingredients
SAUCE A creamy sauce full of spices and unique tangy flavor, this sauce is one for the recipe box.
Keep a batch of homemade Fajita Seasoning on hand to add to this delicious sauce!
CHICKEN Grilled chicken goes great with the sauce, it almost reminds me of Butter Chicken with a Mexican twist!
You can substitute the chicken for grilled steak strips. or shrimp with delicious results as well!
VEGGIES Grilled peppers and onions are what give this dish its distinctive fajita flavor! After all, what’s a fajita without peppers and onions?
Once cooked try adding in some fresh diced tomatoes or shredded lettuce for an extra little crunch.
PASTA The pasta can be any type, but this recipe tastes amazing with linguine or fettuccine. It even works great with gluten-free pasta if you wish. Just prepare the pasta according to the box instructions.
How to Make Fajita Pasta
This simple 3 step pasta can easily be made in one-pot!
- Marinade chicken and vegetables in separate containers with homeade marinade.
- Grill chicken and vegetables (per recipe below)
- Boil the pasta and prep the sauce. Mix all ingredients together and heat through.
There’s absolutely nothing like a slice of crusty garlic bread or cheesy breadsticks served alongside this tasty chicken pasta dish.
Reheating Fajita Pasta
One of my sneaky tricks is to freeze the leftovers in an airtight ovenproof dish with a lid.
- Defrost overnight in the fridge.
- Mix some extra sour cream in until moist and creamy, sprinkle some crushed corn flakes and dot with butter. Add a little smoked paprika on top for color and extra zing.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until steaming hot.
Ta-DA! Fajita Casserole is served! And don’t forget that the great joy of a one-pot meal is due to two simple words – minimal cleanup!
More Delicious Pasta Recipes
Creamy One Pot Pasta – simple one-pot meal.
Tuscan Pasta – so easy!
Easy Chicken Spaghetti! – stovetop or crockpot, your choice.
Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells – a family favorite
Baked Macaroni & Cheese – this one has a secret ingredient!
Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta with Grilled Chicken – tomato cream sauce is delicious!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 bell peppers red, green, orange or yellow
- 8 ounces long pasta spaghetti, linguine etc
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- Combine marinade ingredients and blend together. In 2 separate containers, marinate chicken breasts in one container and vegetables in the second container for 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours).
- Preheat grill to medium and grill the chicken about 5 minutes each side or until no pink remains. Grill peppers & onion just until slightly softened.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, bring cream, broth, chili powder & bring to a boil. Let boil until reduced by half (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in lime zest, 1 tablespoon lime juice and sour cream.
- Drain pasta well, do not rinse or oil. Add to the cream sauce along with sliced chicken & vegetables. Heat through and serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.