Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta with Grilled Chicken recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
Join the CentsLess Meals Facebook group and come share your favorite recipes with us!
I have a confession, this recipe is addicting. It’s lick the plate good….but don’t worry, I don’t judge. If you need to lick the plate to get all the sauce off it, I won’t tell a soul. I may or may not do that every time I have this for dinner 😉 It’s actually so easy to make that my friend has her 11 year old daughter make the sauce for her. I mean come on, easy and crazy delicious? You just can’t get any better than that!!
Now let’s get to it becuase I know you’re dying to know how to make this 😉
I have a confession, this recipe is addicting.
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 10 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream found in the diary aisle near the half and half
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- montreal chicken seasoning
- 1/2 pound penne pasta cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place your chicken breasts on a sheet of wax paper and then cover with wax paper.
- Pound with a meat mallet until they are an even thickness.
- Season both sides with the montreal chicken seasoning (this stuff is amazing and in my opinion you don't have to worry about putting too much on)
- In a medium sized skillet, add butter and olive oil and heat on med heat.
- Once butter has melted, add garlic and saute for one minute.
- Add chicken breasts to the skillet and cook 7-8 minutes on each side, cook until juices run clear but be careful not to overcook.
- Once chicken breasts are cooked, remove from skillet.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet you have just cooked the chicken in, and bring to a slight boil.
- Boil chicken broth until it has reduced down just a bit.
- Lower the heat on the skillet to medium and add the tomato sauce.
- Once you have stirred the tomato sauce mixture well, put the burner on low and add in the cream.
- Stir the sauce well until mixed.
- Once sauce is mixed, pour over pasta and stir well to combine.
- Top with sliced chicken.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)