Cajun Chicken Alfredo
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
For an easy, hearty one-pot recipe, look no further than this amazing Cajun Chicken Alfredo. You’ll love the way the sauce clings to the fettuccine pasta in this super easy recipe for those nights when time and energy are in short supply!
I love easy to make and delicious pasta dishes like One Pot Creamy Garlic Pasta or Cajun Pasta With Shrimp! Following suit is this cajun style alfredo pasta, which is a perfect recipe for potlucks or anytime you need to feed a crowd! Try this recipe with shrimp in place of chicken for a delicious dinner alternative.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
The Best Pasta To Use
For me, pasta is so fun because you get to pick what kind of pasta you want to use! Rotelle, Linguini, Penne, Bowtie, Orrechiate, Shells…they are all perfect choices. This Cajun Chicken Alfredo recipe calls for fettuccine noodles, but you can also use regular spaghetti or bucatini, a thick spaghetti with a hole down the middle, which is perfect for soaking up all that amazing sauce!
How To Make Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Prepare the fettuccine noodles (or any noodle of your choice) al dente and then set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, boil cream and spices, adding cubed cream cheese and parmesan. Whisk.
- Simmer and add additional spices, if desired, whisk until sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Add chicken to the pasta, pour sauce over everything and mix. Add more parmesan as desired.
Tips For The Perfect Alfredo Sauce
The key to a perfect alfredo sauce is to be patient and watch carefully! Incorporate the cream cheese and parmesan with the hot, heavy cream and gently whisk it until the cheese melts. Once adding the cheeses, use a low heat for the melting process.
How To Reheat Chicken Alfredo
- Put a serving of Cajun Chicken Alfredo in a microwave safe bowl and heat about a minute at a time until it’s at the desired temperature.
- A dash of cream or milk before heating will help loosen the sauce.
- You can warm chicken alfredo on the stovetop. Use a little cream or milk to begin and heat until just warmed enough to enjoy. Do not overheat.
How To Store Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Once it’s cooled enough to store, keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to reheat.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo makes perfect leftovers for work the next day! Simply reheat in the microwave and refresh the flavors with some salt and pepper and it’s good to go! Serve this with a side salad or freshly steamed broccoli for a delicious leftover lunch!
Other Delicious Chicken & Pasta Combinations!
Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells – so cheesy!
Chicken Tortellini – delicious with broccoli.
Easy Chicken Spaghetti– stove top or CrockPot!
Spinach & Tomato Chicken Pasta Salad – summertime fresh!
Ranch Macaroni Salad with Bacon and Chicken – perfect for a picnic.
This Cajun Chicken Alfredo recipe is so creamy and delicious, with just the perfect amount of kick!
- 8 ounces fettuccini noodles cooked and drained
- 1 cup chicken cooked and shredded
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Cook your fetuccini noodles to al dente, drain, return to the pot and set aside.
In a large saucepan on medium high heat, add heavy whipping cream and spices. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
Once cream is boiling reduce heat to medium. Stir in cream cheese and parmesan and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add chicken and sauce to the fetuccini in the pot and mix well.
Top with additional parmesan and additional spices if needed.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)