Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are super juicy, with a delicious cheesy filling that’s sure to please!
These are ideal for an Italian night at home! Cheese stuffed meatballs are a savory entrée that pair well with so many sides. Serve as an appetizer, an entrée, or make a hearty meatball sub. This recipe will be on regular rotation for any occasion!
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
PIN IT to your MAIN COURSE board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
- Mozzarella stuffed meatballs are a tasty upgrade from regular meatballs and they come out crispy on the outside with a melty & cheesy interior!
- Ground chicken makes them a lighter, healthier, and lower-carb version from regular beef meatballs.
- Baked in the oven or cooked in a skillet, chicken parmesan meatballs can be formed in any size for any recipe! Such a versatile recipe!
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN: Ground chicken is easy to find and affordable and it gives these meatballs a light texture, too. Adding in some ground pork will enhance the flavor if you choose.
LOTS OF CHEESE, PLEASE: Mozzarella is the perfect cheese for meatballs because it is so creamy when it melts. But if time is tight, use mini balls of fresh mozzarella (called bocconcini). The parmesan cheese gives the meatballs a salty tang and helps keep them moist.
SEASONINGS: Parsley, and garlic give the meatballs a pop of color and flavor, but a package of pre-made Italian seasonings or even a packet of Ranch dressing will work, too!
BREADCRUMBS: Perfect for that delicious crunch! But you can leave the breadcrumbs out or replace them with crushed pork rinds for a low carb version.
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
These cheesy meatballs are so mouthwateringly good and super easy to make:
- Cut mozzarella cheese into squares.
- Mix all meatball ingredients together thoroughly.
- Form into meatballs, press a cube of cheese into the center of each.
- Roll each meatball in remaining breadcrumbs & place in a muffin tin.
- Bake (per the recipe below) until cooked through and crispy on the outside. Serve with marinara.
For a Casserole: Spread half the meat mixture on the bottom of a 9×9 casserole dish and press a cube of cheese into the meat in even sections. Cover with more meat mixture and bake until cooked through.
For a Meatloaf: Spread half the meat mixture in a loaf pan. Place shredded mozzarella cheese in the center of the meat. Cover with remaining meat and bake until cooked through.
What To Serve With Chicken Meatballs
This is the fun part because chicken Parmesan meatballs go with everything! Here are some favorites to try!
Time Saving Tips
- Start with wet hands, or oil rub olive oil on hands before forming the meatballs to prevent the mixture from sticking. For a party or a picnic, keep meatballs warm in a Crockpot with marinara and let guests help themselves!
- Instead of baking in the oven, try pan-frying chicken parmesan meatballs in a skillet with a little oil (or bacon grease). Or try air frying them as you would other meatball recipes.
- Bake meatballs and freeze them for future meals! Once they are completely cooled, freeze them on a baking tray and then put them in a zippered bag with the date written on it and they will keep fresh for up to 8 weeks.
Other Easy Recipes
- Mozzarella Stuffed Mini Meatloaf – super easy recipe.
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets – kid favorite!
- Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs – a classic dinner!
- Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken – so tasty together
- Chicken Poppyseed Casserole – creamy and delicious.
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup breadcrumbs such as Panko, divided
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 large egg beaten
- 8 ounces mozzarella
- marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut mozzarella into 1" cubes.
- Mix ¼ cup breadcrumbs, onion, parsley, parmesan, garlic salt, pepper, garlic, and egg until well blended.
- Add ground chicken to breadcrumb mixture until fully incorporated.
- Form meatballs into balls, about the size of your palm.
- Press a cube of cheese into the middle of each meatball and form meat around the cheese until fully covered.
- Place remaining breadcrumbs into a bowl. Roll meatballs in the breadcrumbs, then place into muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, until fully cooked. Top with marinara sauce and serve!