Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a fun way to prepare chicken without deep frying it in oil. Chicken breaded in a parmesan mixture, baked with cheese and topped with bacon. And, anything topped with bacon is sure to be a favorite with any crowd!
BAKED PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN
© CentsLess Meals
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
The Easiest Way to Bread Chicken
To start, dry clean chicken pieces with a paper towel. If the meat is not dry, the dipping liquid and breading won’t stick.
Prepare the dip and thoroughly coat the chicken. Firmly roll in whatever coating the recipe calls for (in this case, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese).
Don’t hesitate to tamp the breading into the meat if necessary. Try to get a uniformly thick coating. Follow the cooking directions.
How to Make Baked Parmesan Chicken
This recipe for baked parmesan crusted chicken recipe is one of my go-to chicken recipes when I can’t decide what to make for dinner. Once the oven is preheated there are just 3 easy steps before serving this delicious recipe.
- Beat: Beat eggs & garlic powder together in a bowl. Combine parmesan cheese & breadcrumbs in a separate dish that is shallow but wide enough for the chicken to get fully coated in.
- Bread: Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then in the parmesan mixture until it is evenly and fully coated. Press down on the breading, if necessary.
- Bake: Place each piece spaced evenly on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake another 15 minutes until fully cooked.
- Broil: Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over each piece and broil until fully melted. Top with bacon crumbles and serve.
How Long Should You Bake Parmesan Crusted Chicken?
This particular garlic parmesan crusted chicken breast recipes calls for baking about 15 minutes and then turning the pieces over to bake another 15 or so minutes. Look for a golden brown coating on the top and juices that run clear from the chicken.
If you are unsure, a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast can tell you if the chicken is done on the inside. Look for a reading of 165°F at a minimum.
My Favorite Parmesan Chicken Sides
This entrée has so much flavor packed into it, a simple side of roasted veggies or a crisp salad will round out this meal without being too much of an effort to put together! An easy and elegant dinner perfect for special guests, yet easy enough for everyday meals with your family.
More Baked Chicken Recipes
- Rosemary Chicken – flavorful lemon rosemary marinade
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders – crispy & packed with flavor
- Lemon Chicken Thighs – 5 mins prep!
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken – quick and easy meal
- Ritz Cracker Chicken – topped with a 3 ingredient cheese sauce!
Tender chicken in a crispy parmesan panko crust.
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
In a medium bowl add eggs and garlic powder. Beat with a fork until mixed.
Combine parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in a separate dish.
Dredge chicken with egg mixture and then in the parmesan mixture to coat.
Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes, and then flip.
Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear.
Top each piece with shredded cheese and broil until melted.
Top with bacon crumbles.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)