Rich and creamy, this Alfredo pasta recipe will be on your list of ‘foundation’ recipes to use in so many ways!
Cook the creamy four-ingredient pasta sauce and fettuccini noodles in one pot for a savory meal that’s sure to be a hit!
The best part is that this dinner is ready in 15 minutes!
Creamy One Pot Pasta!
- Get restaurant-quality fettuccini Alfredo in minutes at home.
- Only 5 ingredients and 3 steps!
- A guaranteed kid-friendly dinner!
- Make this easy fettuccini Alfredo recipe as a meatless entree with a simple green salad and enjoy leftovers for lunch the next day!
Just 5 Ingredients!
Pasta – Classic Alfredo uses fettucine, but other larger pasta shapes like linguine, pappardelle, penne, or rotini will hold the sauce just as well.
Sauce – Since there are so few ingredients, choose quality, full-fat ingredients. Add a ‘pinch’ of nutmeg in Step 3 to add depth of flavor to the Alfredo sauce (this is a secret restaurant trick)! Season the sauce with your favorite blend like lemon pepper, garlic herb, or Cajun.
How to Make Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- Bring chicken broth and cream to a boil in a large pot.
- Add fettuccine and cook until tender.
- Stir in ¼ cup of parmesan cheese and garlic powder (or other optional seasonings).
- Top with remaining cheese and serve hot.
Tips and Tricks
- If possible, grate the parmesan yourself. Pre-shredded cheese has anti-caking agents added that can inhibit melting.
- Be sure to watch the noodles as they cook, ensuring they are fully submerged so they cook all the way. Don’t overcook.
- Add extra chicken broth if the sauce becomes too thick (this is also a good way to loosen the sauce when reheating it).
Keep leftover Alfredo pasta in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat portions in the microwave or on the stovetop with a bit of chicken broth or milk to loosen the sauce.
Have you tried this One Pot Alfredo Pasta Recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
One Pot Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- In a medium pot, bring chicken broth and cream to a boil.
- Add noodles and reduce heat to medium-high, pushing noodles down into the broth mixture as they soften. Cook for 9-11 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce has thickened.
- Stir in ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Add additional chicken broth as needed if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve with the remaining Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.