Mozzarella Stuffed Mini Meatloaf
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Mozzarella Stuffed Mini Meatloaf is cute and perfect for a grab-and-go snack, or a quick kids’ dinner! A savory meatloaf mixture is wrapped around a cube of cheese, then baked to an ooey-gooey center!
Everyone loves egg muffins but how about a mini meatloaf in a muffin pan? Not just for cupcakes anymore, muffin tins are super versatile and you probably already have a few (or a dozen!) already in your kitchen!
Mozzarella Stuffed Mini Meatloaf
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
How To Make A Mini Meatloaf
You can use all kinds of seasonings for this mini meatloaf recipe, make a few different versions, but definitely keep the cheese in the center!
- Preheat oven and grease a muffin pan. Make these cheesy meatloaf minis whatever size your pan is!
- Mix all of the ingredients except the cubed mozzarella in a large bowl.
- Using a scoop or spoon, make a uniform sized ball with the meat mixture and press a 1” cube of mozzarella in the center of it. Mold the rest of the mixture around it.
- Press the mozzarella stuffed meatloaf balls into a greased muffin pan, making sure the cheese is fully covered.
Use up all the meat mixture in whatever sized muffin tins you have on hand!
How Long to Cook Mini Meatloaf: Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick in the center comes out clean. Let cool about 5 minutes before removing to a serving platter.
Can You Freeze Mini Meatloaf?
Just like bacon cheeseburger meatballs, you can definitely freeze a stuffed meatloaf.
- If freezing cooked mini meatloaves, just be sure to wrap them tightly and then thaw in the fridge overnight or reheat in the microwave.
- If freezing raw mini meatloaves, they will have to thaw out completely before baking. Freeze them in the tins, then remove them and keep them in a labeled Ziploc bag for future use!
What To Serve With Cheesy Meatloaf Minis
These cute little mini meatloaf muffins fit perfectly sliced between two pieces of bread! Cheese stuffed meatloaf sammy, anyone? Yes, please!
More Kid Friendly Recipes
- Cheesy Taco Pasta recipe – great way to feed a crowd fast!
- Italian Sausage Pasta – easy one pot meal.
- Rice a Roni – 30 min meal!
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets – delicious baked or fried.
- Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole recipe – prepare ahead of time for added ease!
A savory meatloaf mixture is wrapped around a cube of cheese and baked to an ooey-gooey centre!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs I used Panko
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1 onion diced
- 1 lb mozzarella cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients except mozzarella in a large bowl.
Once mixed, create a ball of meat mixture and press a cube of mozzarella into it.
Cover with equal amount of meat mixture.
Repeat until all meat is used up. (you want the balls to fit into a muffin pan)
Place mini meatloaves into greased muffin pans.
Bake at 350˚ F for 25-35 minutes or until baked through.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)