This Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe makes cute and savory meatloaf muffins!
These little meat muffins are great for serving at any meal, but they are perfect for buffet-style brunches, lunches, or dinners because they are so easy to grab and put on the plate and they are so yummy. Made in a muffin tin, they have the same shape as a muffin, but with an entirely different flavor. Savory, cheesy, meaty and so good!
Mozarella Stuffed Mini Meatloaf
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe
- Turn ground beef into little stuffed masterpieces, with this easy and quick recipe.
- These make perfectly portioned individual servings ready to be enjoyed at dinner.
- They are easy to freeze and can be pulled out for a snack or to add to a sandwich for lunch.
Ingredients & Variations
MEAT: Use lean ground beef for this recipe. A combination of pork and ground beef can also be used with this recipe.
BREADCRUMBS: Italian seasoned breadcrumbs work great in this recipe, but Panko breadcrumbs will add some crispy crunch to these mini muffins. Crushed crackers will also add a nice crispness to these meatballs.
CHEESE: This recipe calls for mozzarella cheese because under heat it melts into strings of melted goodness. Cheddar cheese can also be used as an easy replacement, or any cheese you prefer. Try a Pepper Jack for a little extra kick!
DRESSING: Creamy ranch dressing will add a little tang to these mini meatloaf ‘cupcakes.’
VARIATIONS: Add different kinds of seasonings to these muffins like ground beef seasoning or change up the type of cheese.
How to Make Stuffed Mini Meatloaves
Mini meatloaf muffins are a snap to make.
- Mix all of the ingredients except the mozzarella.
- Make a ball with the meat mixture. Press mozzarella in the center.
- Mold the rest of the mixture around it and press the balls in a muffin pan.
- Bake (as per the recipe below).
These cute little mini meatloaf muffins fit perfectly sliced between two pieces of bread or served as an entrée. Serve alongside garlic mashed potatoes and gravy, tater tots, or some oven baked corn and a crispy salad!
Tips for Leftovers
- If freezing cooked mini meatloaves, just be sure to wrap them tightly and then thaw in the fridge overnight or reheat in the microwave.
- If freezing raw mini meatloaves, they will have to thaw out completely before baking. Freeze them in the tins, then remove them and keep them in a labeled Ziploc bag for future use!
- To reheat, place them in a microwave, or in the oven at 325°F until heated through. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
More Ground Beef Recipes
- Bacon Beef Queso Dip – cheesy and beefy
- Ground Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry – quick and easy!
- Beef and Tomato Macaroni Soup – filling and comforting!
- Beef Enchiladas – wrapped cheesy delights
Mozzarella Stuffed Mini Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup breadcrumbs or panko
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion diced
- 8 oz mozzarella cubed
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper each
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin pan.
- Mix all ingredients except mozzarella and marinara in a large bowl.
- Once mixed, create a ball of meat mixture and press a cube of mozzarella into it. Cover with equal amounts of the meat mixture.
- Repeat until all meat is used up, (you want the balls to fit into a muffin pan).
- Place mini meatloaves into greased muffin pans and top with marinara sauce.
- Cook in the oven for 19-20 minutes or until they reach 165°F internally.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.