When it comes to creating tasty hot snacks, Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots are an all time favorite!
Cook up a batch of tater tots in the air fryer for game night or just hanging out with the family! It’s a super quick and easy appetizer, plus with a sweet and tart dipping sauce recipe, it’s even tastier.
Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
PIN IT to your APPETIZER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Tater Tots In The Air Fryer
Tater tots are usually baked in the oven. But with air fryer frozen tater tots, they come out so crispy crunchy, they taste even better! Tater tots in the air fryer have become the new dipping sensation! They’re super easy to make too, and can be served alongside other favorite appetizers like baked buffalo chicken tenders and crock pot baked beans.
What are Tater Tots?
FROZEN TATER TOTS – Tater tots are grated potatoes that are shaped like small pillows or cylinders. They can be made homemade, or for a quick hot snack, purchased from the frozen food section, like this recipe. Usually they are baked in the oven or deep fried. But learning how to make them in the air fryer will really bring out the flavor and texture! This recipe will show how long to cook (or reheat) air fryer frozen tater tots, and it includes a tasty dipping sauce!
DIPPING SAUCE – The super easy dipping sauce is made with ingredients already in the refrigerator! Mayo, ketchup, sugar and pickle juice make the yummiest quick sauce ever! This is the perfect snack to keep on hand for unexpected guests!
How To Air Fry Tater Tots
This recipe is incredibly simple and puts the air fryer to good use! It just takes 3 easy steps to prep a steaming hot basket of tasty tots! Spray tots with cooking oil for extra flavor, or air fry them without any oil at all to save on calories.
- Preheat air fryer according to recipe below.
- Air fry a 32 oz. bag in single layers, shaking once in the middle of cooking time.
- While tots are frying, prepare dipping sauce.
Tater Tot Dipping Sauce
Besides our creamy and zesty recipe dip, try putting our an array of dips that are just perfect for dunking hot and crunchy tater tots into! This amazing jalapeno popper dip recipe is to die for, and it tastes great with all things potato! Another favorite is bacon cheeseburger dip, delish! And tater tots wouldn’t be complete without some cold and creamy dill veggie dip that goes great with a shrimp or veggie platter, too!
Time Saving Tips
- Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots don’t need to be defrosted, our cook time allows for them being cooked straight out of the freezer.
- Prepare dips and chill ahead of time, then all that’s left to do is fry up a batch!
- Tater tots can be seasoned with any favorite blends, just sprinkle on before frying, or toss with seasonings and oil.
- To reheat tater tots, just preheat the air fryer to 400°F and fry until crisp and hot again.
Other Air Fryer Recipes To Try!
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs – easy lunch idea!
- Best Air Fryer Home Fries – perfect for breakfast.
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks – crispy, but juicy chicken!
- Simple Air Fryer Cajun Fries – just 2 ingredients
- Air Fryer Frozen Fries – so simple.
- Easy Air Fryer Tater Tot Nachos – a delicious snack.
Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
- 1 bag tater tots 32 oz, frozen
Dipping Sauce (optional)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon dill pickle juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Place tater tots in a single layer and cook 8 minutes. Gently shake the basket and cook an additional 6-8 minutes or until tots reach desired crispness.
- While tots are cooking mix dipping sauce ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Easy Air Fryer Recipe!