Don’t just boil that sweet and golden corn anymore! This homemade Baked Corn Recipe is a must-try.
Baking corn yields a rich taste with creamy sweet kernels that just burst with flavor. Top the corn with a little butter and some salt and there is not much that can go wrong with this side dish!
Baked Corn Recipe
PIN IT to your SIDE DISH board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Corn Recipe
- Corn is a sweet delicacy in the summer or winter. When picked fresh the kernels are even sweeter. Baking them in the oven gives them an entirely different flavor than just boiling. It browns the kernels nicely and it is so easy to make.
- This is a great way to cook a lot of corn at once. Especially if using convection. This frees up space on the stovetop. Adjust the temperature and cooking time if using convection.
- This side dish goes great with Air Fryer Frozen Burgers, Melt in Your Mouth Chicken, and Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef.
Ingredients & Variations
CORN Choose fresh ears of corn that have silky and fresh-looking silk and husk. For the best corn, choose a husk that is tight and green, and the stem should not be brown.
VARIATIONS Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese or add a mixture of herbs like taco seasoning, or BBQ seasoning.
How to Bake Corn in the Oven
This is a delicious side dish that everyone will enjoy and it’s so easy to prepare.
- Shuck the corn and add to the baking dish.
- Add butter and salt.
- Cover with foil and bake (per the recipe below).
Easy Shortcut Tips
The husks should be removed for this recipe. A simple way to do this is to place the corn in the microwave for 2 minutes. Then slice off the end, where the stalk is located, grab the other end and give the corn a shake. The husk should just fall off.
The other method is to just peel it. Grab the husk from the pointy end (the opposite of the stalk), and then pull off large chunks of the husk. Sometimes silk threads still linger on the corn. A damp cloth can be used to wipe these away.
Or leave the husks on. Yes, that’s right. Corn can be cooked in the oven with the husks on. Unfortunately, this won’t give the butter and salt a chance to melt over those sweet corn kernels. But these can be added later.
Favorite Corn Recipes
Grilled Corn Guacamole – perfect for parties!
Cream Corn Casserole – bright & delicious side dish
Mexican Corn Salad – flavorful fiesta in every bite!
Cheesy Corn Dip recipe – creamy, cheesy goodness
Oven Baked Corn recipe
- 8 ears corn
- 1 stick butter
- salt and fresh ground pepper or garlic salt for flavor
- Shuck the ears of corn and place them into an 8x8 baking dish or pan.
- Slice the stick of butter and place pats of butter onto each ear of corn.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and sea salt or seasonings of your choice.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
- Rotate ears of corn after 15 minutes and bake for another 15 minutes.
This recipe was inspired by Hugs & Cookies XOXO