This Turkey Burger Recipe is so delicious and easy to make; it’s the perfect choice for a backyard barbecue this summer! Ground turkey, diced bacon, and barbecue sauce create a perfectly moist and delicious burger!
© CentsLess Meals
Best Turkey Burger Recipe
PIN IT to your DINNER BOARD to save it and share it!
Be sure to follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest!
I love a good burger! I love that you can dress it up or down however you like – spicy, sweet, tangy or just plain – a burger can be made to fit anyone’s tastes!
Best Turkey Burger Ingredients
TURKEY This easy burger recipe starts with lean ground turkey although chicken works too!
BACON The addition of diced bacon to the recipe helps provide a bit of moisture and certainly adds a ton of flavor!
BUNS Serve these turkey burgers on hamburger buns, or
TOPPINGS The toppings for this recipe are traditional burger toppings such as tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, and cheese, but you can add whatever toppings you desire.
How to Make Turkey Burgers
While we do love beef burgers, we also like to switch it up and make turkey burgers too. Especially ones as easy as these!
- Combine all turkey burger ingredients and form into patties.
- Grill until cooked through.
- Serve on buns or lettuce wrapped with your favorite toppings.
Tips for Success
Making burgers may seem like a simple task but with these few tips, you’ll enjoy the perfect turkey burgers every time!
- Gently combine ingredients and do not over mix (this can cause tough turkey burger patties).
- Be extra careful not to overcook these turkey burgers so they don’t dry out. Turkey is a very lean and unlike beef, it does need to be completely cooked through.
- How Long To Grill Turkey Burgers? At medium-high heat, 1/4 lb turkey burgers should cook about 6-8 minutes per side or until the temperature reaches 165°F. You can also broil them about 4″ from the broiler for the same amount of time.
Use a meat thermometer to cook these to the perfect temperature making sure they’re done but still juicy!
If you’ve never made turkey burgers, I think you’ll love how much flavor they have! The next time you reach for a package of ground beef at your local market, reconsider and give the ground turkey a try for a change.
Best Barbecue Recipes
Slow Cooker Baked Beans – super easy to prepare
Lime Grilled Chicken Kabobs – incredibly delicious
Creamy Potato Salad – with homemade dressing
Bacon Ranch Macaroni Salad – fun twist on a classic
Grilled Hawaiian Kabobs – just 3 ingredients
Juicy Turkey Burgers
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 6 slices bacon uncooked, diced
- 1 egg
- 1/3-1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion minced, or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger rolls
- Combine all of the turkey patty ingredients in a bowl. Mix until combined and form eight 1/2" patties. Using your thumb, create a small indent in the patties.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place patties on a grill mat, brush with barbecue sauce and grill 6-8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings.