If you like creamy white pasta sauce, you will absolutely love this Olive Garden alfredo sauce recipe! It’s rich, creamy, and cheesy, and it has just the right amount of pizzazz — compliments of the bit of garlic powder stirred in at the end. This recipe makes enough for four servings, but you can easily double it if you plan on serving a group.
Better than Olive Garden Alfredo Recipe
Pin it your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
The Olive Garden alfredo sauce recipe is definitely one of the easiest sauces you’ll ever make from scratch! While you can substitute low-fat cream cheese if you must, using all of the ingredients as listed will give you the most authentic results. And keeping best results in mind, Parmesan cheese is a key flavor ingredient in this sauce, so you should either buy it freshly grated in your grocer’s refrigerated section, or even better, buy a block of fresh Parmesan cheese and quickly grate eight ounces (1 cup) for this recipe.
Ready to start? Here are just a few additional tips:
- Boil your pasta and let it drain while you are making your sauce.
- Use a heavy-bottomed sauce pan. This will help ensure a nice, even heating process that is one key to making a smooth sauce.
- Another key to making a smooth sauce is to use a whisk, which works like a very low-tech blender and perfectly combines your sauce ingredients.
- Once done, this sauce will thicken slightly in the pan while it sits. You can combine it immediately with your prepared pasta.
- Your pasta will look even more special if you garnish it with color! Try parsley sprigs, or mix in sundried tomatoes or black olives.
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 quart of heavy cream
- 8 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Melt butter and cream cheese in a sauce pan over medium heat until completely smooth.
Add whipping cream and turn the heat to medium-high. Whisk together until smooth and slightly bubbly.
Add parmesan cheese to taste. I use the full 8 oz but you can use less. Stir in garlic powder.
Sauce will thicken slight upon standing.
Once you try this Olive Garden alfredo sauce recipe, you won’t need or want to try any other alfredo sauce! It’s so creamy, cheesy, rich and easy to make that it will become a regular pasta sauce in your household!
Here are more recipes you’ll enjoy
Olive Garden Salad Dressing recipe