Mushroom Hamburger Steak and Gravy is a delicious, super easy, one-pan wonder recipe!
Want a quick and savory dinner that can be on the table in no time at all? This easy hamburger steak recipe with hamburger patties smothered in mushrooms and gravy is the hearty answer for hungry bellies! And the leftovers taste even better the next day!
Mushroom Hamburger Steak and Gravy
PIN IT to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Hamburger Steak Recipe
We love classic comfort foods that can be put together with a few pre-made ingredients, just assemble, pop it in the oven, and enjoy! No need to go to the store with this easy hamburger steak recipe, because a few juicy burger patties are something most pantries already have on hand. An ordinary can of mushroom soup becomes a savory sauce with the addition of seasonings and spices. It tastes super fresh with some added sliced mushrooms or onions. Add a side of garlic mashed potatoes and a green salad, and a healthy simple dinner is served!
Is Salisbury Steak the Same as Hamburger Steak?
Unlike the frozen Salisbury steak TV dinners we grew up with, Salisbury steak is very different from hamburger steak. Salisbury steak is ground beef that is reformed into patties with added fillers like breadcrumbs, egg, and seasonings. It’s almost like a meatloaf patty, whereas hamburger steak is a pure beef patty.
How To Make Hamburger Steak And Gravy
Our easy hamburger steak recipe is a busy home cook’s dream!
- Place patties in casserole dish. Cover with mushroom soup & seasoning mixture.
- Top with sliced mushrooms and bake.
- Serve immediately on optional mashed potatoes, white rice, or egg noodles.
PRO TIP: Garnish with Parmesan cheese and sliced green onions, and top with optional French-fried onions for a little crunch!
Time Saving Tips!
- Assemble the entire dish in the morning, cover in plastic wrap and bake at the end of the day. During this time, the hamburger patties will thaw, which will decrease bake time.
- Mix in leftover veggies like diced zucchini, or potatoes, or green beans into the soup before pouring over the burger patties for a little more flavor and texture.
Keep leftover hamburger steak and gravy in an airtight container (or store in individual containers for a grab-and-go workday lunch) and they’ll keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Other Easy Beef Recipes To Try!
- Creamy Beef Mushroom Stroganoff – delicious!
- Beef Burgundy – with a tangy sauce.
- Easy Beef Stroganoff – quick dinner!
- Easy Italian Casserole – easy and budget friendly!
Mushroom Hamburger Steak And Gravy
- 4 frozen burger patties or thawed
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix Italian seasoning with condensed soup.
- Place burger patties on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Evenly spread the condensed soup on top of the patties, followed by the sliced mushrooms.
- Cover pan with foil and cook for 30-45 minutes or until completely cooked through.