These Hot Dog Mac ‘n Cheese Casserole recipe was adapted from the Taste of Home Ultimate Casserole Cookbook. It was a hit with all the adults as well the kids! It’s like a grown up version of what your parents used to throw together for you when you were a kid 😉 I really loved this, and I would love to hear how you like it too!! Especially if you make any variations of this, I would love to know!! I munched on this all night when no one was looking. I didn’t want them to know that I liked it that much. I mean, I’m too grown up for mac ‘n cheese with hot dogs 😉
Hot Dog Mac 'n Cheese Casserole recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add macaroni and uncooked hot dogs. Boil until the macaroni is tender but firm (al dente). Drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in melted butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and ground mustard. Gradually add the milk while stirring.
- Bring to a boil, stir and cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and Velveeta, stirring until cheese has melted.
- Combine the hotdogs, macaroni and cheese sauce in a 2 ½ quart baking dish.
- Combine cornflake crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over the casserole and bake 20-25 minutes or until browned and bubbly.