Hot Dog Mac ‘n Cheese Casserole recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Hot Dog Mac ‘n Cheese Casserole recipe was adapted from the Taste of Home Ultimate Casserole Cookbook. It was a hit with all the adults as well the kids! It’s like a grown up version of what your parents used to throw together for you when you were a kid 😉 I really loved this, and I would love to hear how you like it too!! Especially if you make any variations of this, I would love to know!! I munched on this all night when no one was looking. I didn’t want them to know that I liked it that much. I mean, I’m too grown up for mac ‘n cheese with hot dogs 😉
These Hot Dog Mac ‘n Cheese Casserole recipe was adapted from the Taste of Home Ultimate Casserole Cookbook. It was a hit with all the adults as well the kids!
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 12 oz Velveeta cubed
- 7 hot dogs cooked and sliced
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs I used crushed corn flakes because that's all I had
- Cook the macaroni, drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and then saute onion until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and ground mustard.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring the entire time to prevent burning.
- Bring to a boil, stir and cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and Velveeta and stir until cheese has melted.
- Add cheese sauce to the pot where drained macaroni is.
- Stir until mixed then add hot dogs.
- Pour into a 2-3 quart, greased, baking dish.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)