Revive this vintage Apple Walnut Salad for the next family meal, or potluck.
This salad is perfect for the holidays with a twist of quirkiness that everyone will love. Made with walnuts, apples, and grapes that are tossed with a creamy and sweet yogurt dressing, this salad will be the talk of the table.
Apple Walnut Salad
PIN IT to your SIDES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Favorite Holiday Side Dish
- Everyone needs a touch of vintage in their lives, even if it’s sprinkled into their stash of recipes.
- A crowd-pleasing throwback dish is a necessity during the holidays, the most wonderful and nostalgic time of year.
- For the next holiday, make this Apple Walnut Salad, a sweet and tangy old-school side or dessert dish that will never go out of style.
What is an Apple Walnut Salad
Cool, creamy, and a tad bit tart, Apple Walnut Salad is festive for fall, as well as the holidays that are just around the corner.
Crispy apples, cream cheese, and Greek yogurt are blended with vanilla and brown sugar, then topped with a handful of crunchy walnuts. In addition to evoking the flavors of autumn, this recipe highlights the magical combination of apples and cheese.
Plus, it’s a great way to use up the extra fruit you have leftover from apple picking!
Ingredients & Variations
BASE Chose Gala apples for this recipe. They tend to be crisp and very aromatic, perfect for this salad. Red grapes are also a crisp and sweet choice for a salad. They both pair so well with the cheese in the dressing.
DRESSING Cream cheese, brown sugar, sugar, and yogurt are whipped into a creamy and smooth dressing that is mixed in with sweet apples, grapes, and walnuts.
VARIATIONS Add some shredded chicken to this salad. Toss in some chopped spinach, celery, or kale for added healthy greens. Replace the yogurt with mayonnaise or add some blue cheese to the dressing.
How to Make Apple Walnut Salad
Apple Walnut Salad is a light and refreshing must-have for the Thanksgiving table. Aside from being delicious, it’s so quick and simple to make with just 2 steps!
- Whip together the dressing as per the recipe below.
- Chop and toss salad ingredients with the dressing.
No need to balance your time between making this and the perfect pumpkin pie because it won’t take up any room on the stove.
Best Shortcut Tips
This salad only requires eight ingredients, and you can even prepare it ahead of time. It can be made the day before, then stored in the fridge. And if you’re feasting at someone else’s house, it’s easy to pack up and bring along with you, and it can be eaten immediately – no reheating required!
Apple Walnut Salad is sure to be a favorite for everyone. When you need a side dish that’s sure to please, try this recipe… and make enough for everyone to have seconds!
More Salads We Love!
- Strawberry Fluff – sweet, juicy, & perfectly creamy!
- Broccoli Salad – ready in 15 mins
- Creamy Potato Salad – perfect potluck side!
- Spinach Strawberry Salad – with an easy poppy seed vinaigrette!
- Classic Macaroni Salad – creamy, crunchy, & refreshing
Apple Walnut Salad
- 4 gala apples chopped
- 2 cups black or red grapes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts plus extra for garnish
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip together the cream cheese, yogurt, sugars, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in the chopped apples, grapes, and walnuts and mix until evenly coated. Transfer to a large bowl and sprinkle with additional chopped walnuts and brown sugar. Enjoy immediately or place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Delicious Salad Recipe
This looks amazing is there a way to substitute the dairy in it for something else? Hubby can’t have dairy so wondering if there is a better alternative
I have only made this recipe as written. I have heard of coconut yogurt and vegan “cream cheese.” Maybe some other readers have some ideas!