This Apple Walnut Salad is a vintage dessert salad made with cream cheese, yogurt, apples, grapes, walnuts, and sugar! It’s a potluck favorite and everyone will want the recipe!
Apple Walnut Salad
Pin it to your SIDES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
A Great Holiday Side
Everyone needs a touch of vintage in their lives, even if it’s sprinkled into their stash of recipes.
A crowd-pleasing throwback dish is a necessity during the holidays, the most wonderful and nostalgic time of year.
Now that we’re nearing November, it’s the perfect time to introduce Apple Walnut Salad, a sweet and tangy old-school side or dessert dish that will never go out of style.
What is an Apple Walnut Salad
Cool, creamy, and a tad bit tart, Apple Walnut Salad is festive for fall, as well as the holidays that are just around the corner.
Crispy apples, cream cheese, and Greek yogurt are blended with vanilla and brown sugar, then topped with a handful of crunchy walnuts. In addition to evoking the flavors of autumn, this recipe highlights the magical combination of apples and cheese.
Plus, it’s a great way to use up the extra fruit you have leftover from apple picking!
How to Make an Apple Walnut Salad
Apple Walnut Salad is a light and refreshing must-have for the Thanksgiving table. Aside from being delicious, it’s so quick and simple to make with just 2 steps!
- Combine all dressing ingredients.
- Chop and toss salad ingredients with the dressing.
No need to balance your time between making this and the perfect pumpkin pie because it won’t take up any room on the stove.
Can I Make It in Advance?
This salad only requires eight ingredients, and you can even prepare it ahead of time. In fact, it can be made the day before, then stored in the fridge. And if you’re feasting at someone else’s house, it’s easy to pack up and bring along with you, and it can be eaten immediately – no reheating required!
Apple Walnut Salad is sure to be a favorite for everyone, from sweet-toothed nieces and nephews to grandparents who appreciate classic flavors. When you’re in need of a side dish that’s sure to please, try this recipe… and make enough for everyone to have seconds!
More Salads We Love!
- Strawberry Fluff – sweet, juicy, & perfectly creamy!
- Broccoli Salad – ready in 15 mins
- Creamy Potato Salad – perfect potluck side!
- Spinach Strawberry Salad – with an easy poppy seed vinaigrette!
- Classic Macaroni Salad – creamy, crunchy, & refreshing
Apple Walnut Salad
- 4 gala apples chopped
- 2 cups black or red grapes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts plus extra for garnish
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip together the cream cheese, yogurt, sugars, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in the chopped apples, grapes, and walnuts and mix until evenly coated. Transfer to a large bowl and sprinkle with additional chopped walnuts and brown sugar. Enjoy immediately or place in the fridge until ready to serve.