Make this Creamy Crockpot Chicken Thighs With Mushrooms recipe and let the compliments fly!
Slow cookers are a busy cook’s best friend! In this recipe, juicy chicken thighs are simmered with savory mushrooms in a velvety Alfredo cream sauce. It’s so delicious served over rice or pasta. Plus it’s easy to pop into the slow cooker in the morning, then come home to a savory dinner that’s ready to enjoy.
Creamy Crockpot Chicken Thighs With Mushrooms
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Creamy Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms
- This chicken thighs with mushrooms recipe is easy enough for a weekday main dish but also elegant enough to serve company!
- Feeding a crowd at a potluck or party? Creamy chicken is a hearty dish served over Rice a Roni or some Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
- Creamy Crockpot chicken is a keto lover’s dream! Just the right combination of chicken and mushrooms in a cheesy sauce makes this recipe a low-carb keeper!
Ingredients and Substitutions
CHICKEN THIGHS Chicken thighs are just the right size for eating! Two pounds of skinless (bone-in) thighs feeds up to 4 people, however, boneless, skinless chicken breasts can also be used. Simply cut them into 2” pieces and follow the recipe as directed. And if time is really short, replace the chicken entirely with a bag of frozen meatballs-no need to thaw!
SAUCE AND VEGGIES The secret to this amazing sauce is a jar of Alfredo sauce mixed with broth and mustard. If Alfredo sauce isn’t readily available, use three cans of cream of mushroom, chicken, or celery soup. Punch up the flavor with some minced garlic and red chili peppers!
MUSTARD Grainy mustard has whole mustard seeds in it which punches up the flavor and adds visual appeal to the sauce. Stone ground, Dijon, or spicy brown mustards will work, too.
CHEESE Parmesan cheese thickens the sauce at the end, but shredded Swiss cheese or crumbled feta melts well and tastes delicious!
How to Make Creamy Crockpot Chicken
It’s so easy to make this absolutely delish chicken entree:
- Brown chicken and set aside.
- Cook onion, then whisk in broth and mustard (as per the recipe below).
- Layer onions, mushrooms, chicken and sauce in the slower cooker.
- Add parmesan cheese towards the end.
Recipe Tips & Time Savers
- Pre-sliced mushrooms, pre-made Alfredo and grated parmesan cheese all save valuable prep and clean-up time!
- Frozen chicken can be used in a pinch as long as they are pre-cooked.
What To Serve With Creamy Crockpot Chicken
Make it a full meal deal and serve with a side of Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Roasted Broccolini, or a colorful Tomato Salad Recipe. Don’t forget the The BEST Cheesy Bread EVER to soak up the sauce!
How to Store Leftovers
Keep leftover creamy Crockpot chicken thighs with mushrooms in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Reheat portions on the stovetop and top with parmesan cheese before serving.
Other Easy Crockpot Chicken Ideas!
- Bacon Wrapped Sour Cream Chicken – so easy!
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos – family favorite.
- Creamy CrockPot Chicken – with ranch seasoning!
- CrockPot Chicken Tortellini – hearty and delicious.
Creamy Crockpot Chicken Thighs With Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 2 pounds skinless chicken thighs bone in
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard or dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chicken broth or beef broth
- 1 jar alfredo sauce 24 oz
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese plus extra for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Brown chicken, about 2-3 minutes on each side, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion to the pan and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add broth to the onions and scrape any brown bits off bottom of the pan. Whisk in grainy mustard.
- Place onion mixture in the slow cooker, add mushrooms and chicken.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over everything, cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Add Parmesan cheese and cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Creamy Crockpot Chicken recipe!
this was awesome! such an easy recipe and so delish. I accidentally put my instant pot on high instead of low, but it was fine because it was done in just over an hour. I paired this with a whole wheat linguine. will definitely be a staple from now on!
I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe Shannon!
My family loved this recipe so easy
Hi If i put 8 thigh in it how long will i cook it for on high?
Depending on the size of your chicken thighs it should take roughly the same amount of time. You will want to make sure they reach a safe internal temperature of 165˚F before serving.