Who says budget cooking can’t be easy AND delicious? This popular recipe for Creamy Crockpot Chicken lets the crockpot do all the work in just a few steps!
Savory, filling, and full of flavor, crockpot ranch chicken is a family favorite all year long! We like to serve it with a refreshing spinach strawberry salad, some marinated mushrooms, or a side of roasted asparagus. Don’t forget the most delicious cheesy bread to sop up that wonderful sauce!
Creamy CrockPot Chicken
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
How To Make Creamy CrockPot Chicken
This easy slow cooker recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights or to take to a potluck or party!
- Prepare all ingredients as per recipe below and place in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Shred chicken and set aside, then whisk sauce until smooth. Adjust seasonings and return chicken to the pot.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
PRO TIP: Let the cream cheese come to room temperature so it is easier to blend with the soup and ranch dressing mix!
Creamy Crockpot Chicken is a great recipe for mixing and matching ingredients!
- No cream of chicken soup? Try cream of mushroom soup and add some sliced mushrooms to the sauce!
- Add fresh or frozen spinach, diced bell peppers, even peas and diced carrots for added color and crunch!
- Creamy chicken can also be made into a casserole! Simply prepare a casserole dish by spreading rice or noodles on the bottom, then add cooked chicken breasts and top with prepared sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. Bake time will be about 30 minutes at 350˚F or until heated through.
- This recipe can also be made with chicken thighs in place of chicken breasts.
How To Store Creamy CrockPot Chicken
REFRIGERATOR: Crockpot ranch chicken will keep in the refrigerator about 3 days as long as it’s in a covered container. To reheat it, just pop it in the microwave or heat on the stove top and adjust the seasonings with a little salt and pepper!
FREEZER: Creamy chicken freezes perfectly, too! Freeze individual portions with the rice or noodles and then label and freeze for about 4 weeks. Then, just thaw, heat, and serve! A quick and healthy lunch for those busy school and work days!
Other CrockPot Recipes To Try!
- CrockPot BBQ Beer Chicken Sandwiches – perfect summer recipe
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef – a delicious main dish!
- CrockPot Chicken Noodle Soup – best served on a cool day.
- Slow Cooker Chili – a game day recipe.
- CrockPot Cheesy Chicken and Rice – for busy weeknights.
Creamy CrockPot Chicken
- Season chicken pieces with Italian seasoning. Heat oil in a medium skillet and brown chicken, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from the pan and add butter and onion. Cook until onion is tender.
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 6 qt slow cooker.
- Mix cream cheese, soup, garlic, and dressing mix in a bowl and pour over chicken and add bell pepper.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove chicken breasts and shred.
- Whisk sauce until it is smooth, stir in chicken.
- Serve over rice or pasta.