Bacon Wrapped Sour Cream Chicken is a low-carb easy recipe that tastes so good, it’ll be on the menu all year long!
Chicken and bacon are a perfect combination! This bacon-wrapped chicken recipe in a cream sauce is easy enough for a weeknight meal, but fancy enough for a crowd. Creamy crockpot chicken is so simple to make but the results are delicious. So just set it and forget it and an unforgettable meal will be ready when you are.
Bacon Wrapped Sour Cream Chicken
PIN IT to your SLOW COOKER board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Why We Love this Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
- Slow cooker cooking is a great way to get dinner started when time is short!
- Three ingredients cooked together in one pan? Sounds like a perfect shortcut!
- This recipe is easy to make and take to a party or picnic!
- It tastes great next to this amazing Spinach and Strawberry Salad.
CHICKEN: Crockpot chicken comes out super juicy and tender. Try it with chicken thighs, tenderloins, drumsticks, even turkey thighs or drumsticks can be used. Make stuffed chicken breasts with slices of cheese, spinach or thinly sliced mushrooms.
SAUCE: It just doesn’t get any easier than using cream of mushroom soup and some sour cream for this sauce. But cream of chicken or cream of celery works too. Even a cup of bbq sauce will result in a creamy, new dish! Experiment with the flavors and create a signature sauce that everyone will love!
How To Make It!
When it comes to Crockpot cooking, there’s just a little bit of prep, and then dinner will be cooking while the chef has time to do other things:
- Cook the bacon. Drain the fat.
- Combine soup & sour cream in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Slice chicken breasts in half & season with salt & pepper.
- Wrap each chicken breast with the cooked bacon & set it on top of the soup mixture in the Crockpot.
- Cover and cook (per the recipe below). Garnish with sliced green onions and serve.
Crockpot Recipe Tips!
- Keep chicken breast crockpot pieces the same shape and size so they cook equally.
- Once the bacon wrapped sour cream chicken is cooked, place it in a baking dish under the broiler to brown and bubble the cheese on top!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 4 days. To freeze, try removing the bacon from the chicken and chop all the meat. Mix it in with the sauce and freeze to serve over rice or potatoes.
Save the bacon fat for extra flavorful cooking of meat and veggies. Reheat bacon-wrapped chicken breasts in the oven or on the stovetop, just be sure to add some milk or heavy whipping cream to up-level the sauce again!
Other Delicious Crock Pot Dinners!
- Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice – ready when you are!
- Creamy CrockPot Chicken – another creamy chicken recipe.
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe – excellent and full of flavor!
- CrockPot Chicken Tortellini– never easier.
Bacon Wrapped Sour Cream Chicken
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon until just done, but not crispy.
- Mix soup and sour cream in the crockpot.
- Cut chicken breasts in half down the middle and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each chicken breast piece with bacon and place on top of soup mixture.
- Cook on low for 6-8 or 3-4 hours on high.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.