This super easy recipe for CrockPot Chicken Tortellini is on the table with just minutes of prep!
This easy Chicken Tortellini dish is a cross between a pasta and a soup and it is and loaded with pieces of tender chicken! Add some cheese tortellini and a savory Alfredo sauce for a great starter recipe. It’s perfect for new home cooks because the ingredients are basically open and pour!
CrockPot Chicken Tortellini
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Why We Love Chicken Tortellini
- This is an extra easy slow cooker dinner
- Fast, filling and flavorful, the chicken goes in raw. If you have rotisserie chicken, it can be used in this recipe too.
- It’s versatile, add in your own favorite veggies or substitute bacon for the ham.
CHICKEN – This super flexible recipe starts with chicken breasts. Chicken thighs or leftover chicken (or turkey) will work, too! Once the chicken is cooked, it can be removed from the Crockpot, shredded and then cooked with the other ingredients (except the tortellini).
PASTA – Noodles can be subbed out for the tortellini, use fresh pasta from the deli and keep an eye on cooktime so it doesn’t get mushy. If you’d prefer, boil up some regular pasta (or rice) on the side and serve this as a sauce overtop.
SAUCE – Cream of mushroom or potato soup can be used in place of the Alfredo sauce!
VEGGIES – Instead of peas, why not try diced red and yellow bell peppers and sliced black olives? Or, try spinach or broccoli for a whole new twist.
How To Make CrockPot Chicken Tortellini
It’s super tasty comfort food, and comes together in a flash!
- Place the seasoned chicken in the Crockpot (per the recipe below).
- Mix together the Alfredo sauce, broth, and the garlic powder. Pour over chicken pieces and cook on low.
- Add tortellini, cheddar cheeses, and peas. Heat until pasta is cooked through.
In The Oven
No CrockPot? No problem! It’s just as easy to make it in the oven!
- Cook seasoned chicken in a casserole dish at 350°F for about 30 minutes.
- Mix Alfredo sauce, broth, and garlic powder, pour over the chicken. Add the tortellini, peas, and other cheeses and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- If you like, place the dish under the broiler for about two minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden. This will give your casserole a nice golden color!
Time Saving Tips
- Cut chicken into uniform sizes for even cooking or use leftovers.
- No need to thaw, if using frozen tortellini and peas extend cooking time about 15 minutes.
- For an even creamier version, add a half cup of heavy whipping cream to the Alfredo sauce stage, along with some extra garlic powder.
- Crockpot Tortellini will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat for school or work in the microwave! Just give it a stir, reheat, and add a little salt and pepper to refresh the flavors!
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes To Try!
- CrockPot BBQ Beer Chicken Sandwiches recipe – perfect for game day!
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef – easy weeknight meal.
- CrockPot Beef and Broccoli – so flavorful.
- Slow Cooker Chili – a classic.
- Crockpot Chicken Fajitas recipe – excellent potluck recipe.
Crockpot Chicken Tortellini
- Cut chicken breasts into large pieces, season with salt & pepper and place in the slow cooker.
- Combine Alfredo sauce, broth, and garlic powder. Pour over chicken and cook on low heat setting for 2 hours.
- Add tortellini, cheeses, and peas. Cover and cook 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked.