Chicken Tortellini is one of the best recipes for a night when everyone wants a special hot meal but you just don’t feel like fussing. A creamy chicken tortellini bake made with broccoli and Alfredo sauce, topped with two different kinds of cheese, is definitely going to make everybody happy!
Chicken and tortellini is a match made in heaven. Add parmesan cheese on top, and it’s even better! Sometimes I like to substitute spinach in place of the broccoli, reminding me of delicious Crock Pot Chicken Florentine. Serve it with Pizza Dough Breadsticks if you want to take it up a notch. Just watch your family’s faces light up!
Pin it your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This tortellini Alfredo bake is always a hit in my house. It’s so filling and super tasty that my kids ask for it by name! And because it’s so easy to make, I am happy to oblige.
Let’s Make It!
All you have to do is follow three basic steps and you’ll be ready to eat!
- Boil the tortellini according to the package directions, and add the broccoli (or spinach) to the boiling water just three minutes before draining. If you are using frozen broccoli, you might need to wait until the water starts boiling again before starting the timer for three minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients together with half the Parmesan right in a 3-quart casserole dish. Skip the dishes!
- Top with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan cheese and bake until steaming hot and bubbly. Easy-peasy!
How To Store The Leftovers
- Store the leftovers in the same casserole dish. Simply cover tightly with plastic wrap, or if your casserole dish has a lid, use that.
- Or, portion Chicken Tortellini into individual single serve containers and refrigerate for up to four days.
- You can even scoop the leftovers into a zip-lock bag and freeze. Perfect for busy nights or lunches! Defrost fully in the fridge before reheating.
Reheating Chicken Tortellini
It’s not hard to reheat, just moisten it up with something creamy like milk or sour cream. You could even use a little water. Top with extra cheese, or get imaginative and try a different topping like bacon crumbles or croutons. My kids love adding hot sauce to almost anything, and this is no exception. The flavor is amazing!
- In the oven – cover and reheat at 350˚F for about 15-20 minutes.
- In the microwave – scoop individual portions onto a plate and heat for about a minute. Stir and heat for 20 seconds more.
Other Delicious Pasta Dishes To Try!
One Pot Creamy Garlic Pasta – perfect one pot meal for weeknights.
Cheesy Taco Pasta recipe – love that zesty cheese!
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta – perfectly spiced pasta dish.
Garlic Shrimp Pasta – quick and delicious!
Italian Sausage Pasta – zesty skillet dinner!
- 9 oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 ½ cups prepared alfredo sauce
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions adding broccoli in the last 3 minutes. (You may need to add the broccoli first if your pasta cooks in less time)
- Combine tortellini, broccoli, chicken, Alfredo sauce, seasoning and 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese in a 2.5qt casserole.
- Top with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.