Pizza roll-ups are so fun and easy to make, even the kids can do it!
Pepperoni and mozzarella are rolled up into a ready-made pizza dough and baked. Easy peasy and so cheesy!
Easy Pizza Recipe
- Keep the ingredients on hand for this pizza roll-up recipe for last-minute play dates, sleepovers, or family movie nights! Just prep, roll, and bake!
- Don’t forget the tasty dips like this homemade quesadilla dip, or this tangy chip dip.
- All the tasty pizza toppings are here but there’s room for extras! So many options in this recipe! Build a BYO Pizza bar with bowls of different toppings and cheeses for everyone to make their own pizza roll-up!
- Pizza roll-ups are perfectly portable so you can bake them and take them on picnics, road trips, or camping – no utensils needed!
4 Ingredient Recipe
Crust: Pizza dough is always available in fresh or frozen balls at the supermarket, otherwise you can use crescent rolls or even biscuits that can be combined together and rolled out.
Meat: Pepperoni is the star of this show, but slices of ham, finely ground cooked sausage, or even leftover meat can be chopped and added to this recipe.
Sauce: Use any jar of marinara sauce with the flavor profile you like best. Add some extra Italian seasoning, garlic powder, or a dash of red pepper flakes for an extra kick!
Cheese: Choose your cheese! This pizza roll-up needs lots of melty cheese to hold the roll together to get those perfect pinwheels! Other cheeses to add are a Mexican blend, cheddar, Monterey jack, or a combination of whatever is in the fridge!
Toppings: Keep the pieces small so the roll stays intact. We like sliced olives, mushrooms, onions, jalapenos, green chiles, bacon bits, and even basil leaves.
How to Make Pizza Roll Ups
- Roll out dough and cover with sauce (as per the recipe below).
- Add cheese, pepperoni, and other optional toppings.
- Roll pizza up from the longest edge and bake, seam side down until golden brown.
- Let rest before slicing and serving.
Tips For Success
If the dough is too sticky to handle, use a little flour to dust your hands with. Brush the top of the pizza roll with an egg wash and sprinkle chopped parsley on top for a nice presentation. Slice pieces about 3” each and wrap in plastic and keep in the fridge for grab-and-go snacks!
Easy Pizza Roll Ups
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pepperoni slices (4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Roll out pizza crust to an 11" x 14" rectangle.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over the crust, leaving one inch all the way around and 2-3" at the long side..
- Spread cheese over the sauce and top with a layer of pepperoni.
- Started from the long side closest to you, roll up as tightly as possible, and try not to push out the toppings while rolling.
- Place the roll seam-side down on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Serve favorite dipping sauces on the side.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Pizza roll ups are great for freezing. Wrap individually for a grab and go treat, or place them in an airtight container. These will keep in the freezer for 3 months.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.