Delicious, crispy and packed with flavor these Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders are quick and easy, making a great dinner or game time snack.
Move over chicken wings, these Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders are even better. Baked to perfection and coated in traditional buffalo sauce they are full of heat and have a crispy outer shell made of Corn Flakes cereal and bread crumbs. Not only are these chicken tenders healthier but tastier too.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Pin it to your DINNER RECIPES to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
My family loves making baked chicken tenders for dinner or as a game day snack. We have made a few versions with a variety of dipping sauces, including honey garlic, ranch and salsa. Honestly, these baked chicken tenders are great served plain, without any sauce at all!
The only other game day treat that beats the chicken tenders are chicken wings. Now let me be frank, I hate chicken wings with a passion. Not because I don’t like them but because of the mess my kids make eating them. Like full on mess on their faces, table and anything and everything they touch.
When I asked the kids why they liked my chicken wings better than the chicken tenders it all came down to the sauce, buffalo sauce that is. As soon as I found this out I immediately made these Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders. Not only did I avoid any and all mess on their faces and fingers, these baked chicken tenders are healthier.
What I love about these Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders the most is how much they impress company that we have over. They are always oohing and aahing over these chicken tenders.
I think that the crispy outer coating made of Corn Flakes cereal and panko bread crumbs is a surprise. The key to still making these crunchy even after being dunked in sauce, is cooking them a second time on broil. You could easily serve these chicken tenders on the sticky side, but who wants messy fingers running around their house? Not me.
My hubs love these Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders because of the heat. They make a beautiful game day appetizer too! Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing and of course some carrot or celery sticks and not only are these mouthwatering delicious, these Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders are easy to make.
So the next time you want to order or bake up some buffalo wings, try these Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders instead. Not only will they be a real crowd pleaser but are guaranteed to make your monthly dinner menu.
Enjoy! XOXO San
My favorite kitchen items to make this recipe for Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders are below.
SHEET PAN: I love using a larger sheet pan while cooking because I am feeding my family of seven. I love aluminium for when I do sheet pan meals. I would start with this 13 by 18 half sheet pan. I love these pans so much that I have 9!
MIXING BOWLS: I love having a variety of sizes of mixing bowls. From small to large, I find that having at least 3 bowls of different sizes has been an essential in my kitchen. I prefer Pyrex because of the durability
MEASURING CUPS: Nothing beats a good set of measuring cups that last a long time. I love metal measuring cups because of their durability.
MEASURING SPOONS: I have to have a metal set of measuring spoons on hand. The plastic ones just don’t last long in our house thanks in large part to the garbage disposal.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- 12-15 chicken tenders strips
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 6 cups Corn Flakes cereal
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1-2 tablespoons Frank's Red Hot Original Seasoning
- 1 ½ cups Buffalo Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet, place a wire rack. Spray the rack with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add 6 cups of Corn Flakes cereal. Using your hands crush up the Corn Flakes (You could add the Corn Flakes to a large Ziploc bag, seal and crush using a rolling pin.)
- In a large mixing bowl combine panko bread crumbs and Corn Flakes.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the eggs and milk and whisk together until well combined, set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine flour, salt, garlic powder, pepper, ginger, paprika and the Frank's Red Hot Original Seasoning.
- Add chicken tenders, one at a time, to flour mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Remove from flour, gently shaking to remove excess flour, then dip into egg/milk mixture, let the excess mixture drip off.
- Add chicken tender to corn flakes/panko mixture, toss to coat, and press the mixture on the chicken (I like to squeeze the chicken tender, wrapping the mixture around it, making sure each tender is heavily coated with no bare spots)
- Place chicken tender on prepared baking rack and sheet. Repeat until all chicken tenders are breaded.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Using tongs dip each tender into the Buffalo Sauce, coating evenly. Gently shake off the extra sauce and return to baking rack. Continue for remaining tenders.
- Place the pan back in the oven on the middle rack and turn oven to broil and cook for 5 minutes. Flip each tender and cook 5 minutes more (this allows the chicken tenders to get a crispy outer shell)
- Serve immediately with a side of ranch or blue cheese and some veggies. Yum!