Crispy, creamy, and colorful this BLT pasta salad is a decadence in every bite!
Loaded with pasta, crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes, and romaine tossed in a creamy mayo ranch dressing, BLT pasta salad goes anywhere and impresses every palate!
Serve it as a hearty lunchtime salad on workdays or a light dinner on busy weeknights.
Easy Pasta Salad!
- This BLT Pasta salad recipe has bright colors and fresh flavors!
- It can even be made ahead for up to two days, just add the dressing before serving!
- It’s budget-friendly, use up leftover chicken or veggies in this pasta salad recipe!
Ingredients and Variations
Pasta – Choose pasta that has holes or ridges to get lots of that creamy sauce in every bite! Rotini, macaroni shells, penne, and bow-tie pasta are good choices.
Dressing – Ranch and mayo are a match made in salad heaven! If you don’t have a bottle of ranch dressing on hand, make your own with this easy DIY recipe.
Toppings – Bacon (or turkey bacon), tomatoes, and romaine bring flavor, texture, and crunch to this creamy pasta salad. Short on time? Use a ready-made bag of salad greens or even cabbage slaw!
Variations – This is a perfect salad recipe for extras like diced avocado, red bell peppers, shredded cheddar cheese, bleu cheese crumbles, or even some crunchy walnuts!
How to Make BLT Pasta Salad
Turn your favorite sandwich into a salad and enjoy it all week long!
- Cook pasta, drain, and set aside to cool.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl (as per recipe below).
- Toss all ingredients together and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Tips and Tricks!
- For best results, cook pasta al dente so it stays firmer longer and doesn’t break.
- Cut the veggies in uniform sizes so each bite has a little bit of everything in it!
- Serve a scoop of salad over a larger bowl of mixed greens to save on carbs and calories, if desired.
Keep leftover BLT pasta salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Stir before serving. Serve alongside grilled chicken kabobs and crockpot baked beans for the perfect potluck meal!
Delicious Pasta Salad Recipes
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 pound macaroni noodles or other short pasta cooked & drained
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2-3 cups romaine chopped
- ½ pound bacon cooked & crumbled
- ½ cup celery diced
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- ⅔ cup mayo
- ⅔ cup ranch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package directions and drain well.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl until mixed.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Cook pasta to just al dente so that it stays firm in the dressing.
- Make BLT pasta salad up to two days in advance, and add the tomatoes and dressing just before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this BLT Pasta Salad Recipe