A delicious Spaghetti Salad makes for the perfect side dish to any meal. Filled with fresh cut vegetables and herbs and blended together with a red wine vinaigrette. Quick, easy, and delicious! You will love every bite.
Pin it to your SALADS BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Alright, the summer months are so close I can taste it! I can’t wait for all the outdoor cooking and warm summer nights, that is why this Spaghetti Salad is going to be perfect as you make your rounds this summer. I do have to admit, this Spaghetti Salad recipe is one that can be used all year long so it is a keeper.
So often when we think of spaghetti we think marinara sauce, meatballs, cold winter days, but with this Spaghetti Salad let think fresh, creamy and full of zest.
In spaghetti fashion this salad isn’t shy on serving size, it can feed a lot of people, which is why it is great to bring everywhere and it is served cold so you don’t have to worry about keeping it warm.
What is Spaghetti Salad?
- Traditionally pasta salad is made with one or more different types of pasta. Spaghetti Salad follows that tradition, using spaghetti noodles as its pasta base.
- It is mixed with a light red wine vinaigrette and diced vegetables.
- Spaghetti Salad is served as a side dish or appetizer and is usually served cold.
- It can be served as a main dish and have a protein source tossed in with it, such as chicken, pastrami, or ground beef.
Spaghetti Salad is one of those recipes that tastes great with so many different things. It goes great alongside a juicy steak, finger licking baby ribs, a tender pork chop, or even just a simple hamburger.
Spaghetti Salad serves well at a potluck and compliments any cookout like a boss.
What goes in Spaghetti Salad?
The base of this salad is spaghetti noodles cooked al dente so they don’t get mushy once you add the dressing, but there are many options to add to this salad. Here are a few yummy ideas:
- Red, yellow, and/or green bell peppers
- Green onion, white onion, or red onion
- Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, or feta cheese
- Black olives
- Zesty Italian Dressing
- Lemon juice/olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
Pasta often times have a tendency to be a heavy meal, but this Spaghetti Salad is very lite and will pair perfectly with all your Summer smorgasbords.
- 1 16 ounce package spaghetti noodles
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salad elegance
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- In a sealable container mix avocado or olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salad elegance. Shake vigorously to combine and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cook pasta noodles for 9 minutes, so they are al dente, drain and set aside to cool, about 10 minutes
- Add peppers, green onions, garlic, tomatoes, and cilantro to a large serving bowl. Add in cooked spaghetti noodles and toss to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad, mix well. Garnish with parmesan cheese and more salad elegance (optional). Serve cold.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
More Recipes You’ll Love