Vodka Sweet Tea takes a favorite of the South and spikes it with a splash of vodka!
If you crave refreshing cocktails in the heat of summer, look no further: Vodka Sweet Tea adds a twist to a classic Southern staple!
Sweet tea, which is basically iced tea that’s sweetened with sugar, is a cold, refreshing, delicious drink. It’s no wonder that this classic beverage is so popular in the South, where the temperatures can really soar!
Vodka Sweet Tea
Pin it to your BEVERAGES BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
But when Happy Hour rolls around, you can turn this thirst-quenching tea into a yummy cocktail with a splash of vodka! Vodka Sweet Tea is super easy to make by the glass, or you can stir up a pitcher to serve at summertime barbecues and get-togethers.
Hosting a Fourth of July shindig? Consider making a few batches of this spiked sweet tea to serve as a signature cocktail alongside those burgers and macaroni salad!
You can even flavor your Vodka Sweet Tea recipe by adding a squeeze of lemon juice, sprigs of mint, peach nectar, or homemade raspberry syrup. And if you’re pressed for time, you can always buy sweet tea by the bottle and spike it at home.
For an ice-cold beverage that’s super simple to make, serve, and enjoy, try sipping a Vodka Sweet Tea during the dog days of summer! Feel free to add the vodka right in or keep it on the side so the whole family can enjoy a refreshing glass!
What is Sweet Tea?
It’s all in the name: sweet tea is sweetened iced tea, made extra delicious with a generous dose of sugar or simple syrup. It can be enjoyed plain, but it’s often enhanced with summery flavors like peach, raspberry, lemon, or mint. A lesser-known fact is that some people add a little baking soda to the sweet tea pitcher so it’s less acidic.
Is Sweet Tea and Iced Tea the Same Thing?
Unlike traditional iced tea, which is simply brewed or steeped tea served cold and over ice, sweet tea is served pre-sweetened! The sugar is added after the tea has been brewed, so the final product doesn’t appear cloudy. Sweet tea has become a traditional favorite drink in the Southeast region of the USA, where summers can get very hot.
How Do I Make Southern Sweet Tea?
- Start with a sprinkle of baking soda in a 64-ounce heat-resistant glass pitcher.
- Add 4 cups of boiling water, followed by 12 tea bags. Allow the tea to steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags (these can be tossed) then add ¾ cup of white sugar, and stir until it’s dissolved.
- Finally, pour in 4 cups of cool water and refrigerate until the sweet tea is cold.
- Serve over ice, garnishes optional.
Vodka Sweet Tea
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. While the water is heating, add the tea bags and baking soda to a heat-proof glass pitcher. Once the water has come to a boil, pour it into the pitcher and let the tea steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags from the pitcher and discard. Stir in the sugar until dissolved. Stir in the remaining 4 cups of cold water and the vodka and transfer to the fridge to chill. Serve with lemons slices and ice.
- If you want a stronger drink, add an additional 4 to 8 ounces of vodka.
More Recipes You’ll Love