Bacon Beef Queso Dip is a rich and hearty appetizer that’s easy to make and perfect served with tortilla chips or veggies.
This burger queso dip is made with ground beef, bacon crumbles and three kinds of melted cheese for a satisfying dip that is sure to please. It’s a comforting appetizer for a group of hungry family and friends.
Bacon Beef Queso Dip
PIN IT to your DIPS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Beef Queso Dip
- Dips like this are so quick and easy to make, perfect for parties or holiday gatherings.
- This recipe can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to heat and serve. Spend time preparing other menu items or just relax!
- Just like our favorite bacon cheeseburger dip, this recipe is a great way to give leftover hamburgers and bacon a tasty second life.
How To Make Beef Queso Dip
With little time and minimal effort this easy ground beef and queso dip will be hot and ready!
- Brown ground beef with onion and set aside
- Melt cheeses, add remaining ingredients.
- Add milk to achieve the desired consistency and serve warm with crackers, chips and other dippables.
PRO TIP: Make this recipe in the slow cooker. Simply cook the beef and onion, add to a Crockpot along with remaining ingredients. Heat on low for 2 hours, stir and serve.
- Kick up the heat by adding some chopped jalapenos from a jar.
- You could also use Monterey Jack cheese instead of cheddar. Or, consider making a white queso dip by subbing in white American cheese for the Velveeta.
- Substitute hot or mild sausage crumbles in place of the bacon and ground beef for a delicious and spicy flair!
What To Serve With Queso Dip
Serve queso dip with sturdy finger foods that will hold up to this hearty dip. Woven wheat crackers, pita chips, tortilla scoops or toasted rounds of sliced baguettes will give some welcome crunch.
A platter of raw vegetable crudités would not be out of place either, and the freshness of celery sticks or broccoli florets will pleasantly cut some of the cheesy richness.
For convenience, store leftover queso dip tightly covered in a heat-and-serve dish which will keep for up to four days in the fridge. Freeze dip in smaller portions and in air tight containers with the date on them for about 3-4 months. To thaw frozen beef queso dip, place it in the refrigerator overnight.
To reheat on the stovetop, heat on low and stir often until it combines together again.
To reheat using a microwave, heat for 20 second intervals, stirring in between until desired consistency. In each case, add a bit of cream to help get the consistency you want.
Delicious Warm Dips To Try
- Easy Spinach Dip – served warm or cold!
- Buffalo Sausage Dip – thick, rich, and creamy.
- Chili Cheese Dip – just 4 simple ingredients.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip Recipe – another hearty dip!
Bacon Beef Queso Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 pound velveeta cheese cubed
- 4 ounce cream cheese room temp, cubed
- 1 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 10½ ounce diced tomatoes with chilis with juices
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet. Drain fat.
- Add Velveeta, cream cheese, and tomatoes. Stir until melted. Add in milk a little bit at a time to reach desired consistency (you made not need all of it).
- Add shredded cheese and half of the and bacon crumbles. Stir well.
- Top with remaining bacon and serve immediately.