Why wait for night, when you can have a taco morning with this easy and delicious breakfast tacos recipe?
Scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese are wrapped up in a warm tortilla to make a healthy and energizing taco breakfast on the go!
Quick & Easy Breakfast!
- These breakfast tacos are great for something different in the morning! Think outside the box (and out of the Taco Bell drive-through) and create a taco breakfast station with healthy ingredients that are likely already in the kitchen!
- Make them in advance and take along to school, or as an energizing lunch at work, or even as an after-school snack!
- This is the perfect recipe for breakfast and brunch crowds. Let everyone create their own taco breakfast – keep scrambled eggs warm in a Crockpot and offer a selection of tasty toppings!
5 Ingredient Recipe!
So many ideas for breakfast tacos! What a great recipe for using up bits of leftovers like meat, cheese, and vegetables!
Eggs – Use whole eggs, or eggs with extra egg whites for more protein. Liquid eggs or any egg substitute work as well. Even tofu or seitan can be used in this recipe.
Sprinkle in some chia seeds along with the eggs for a little protein boost.
Meat – Bacon slices or bits, diced ham, chopped breakfast sausages, or any leftover meat can be added to the scrambled eggs.
Cheese – A Mexican blend, shredded cheddar, Monterey jack, or crumbled Cotija make breakfast tacos worth getting up for!
Tortillas – Flour tortillas are best because they’re extra pliable and won’t dry out as quickly as corn tortillas will and they are better for wrapping and eating later. Any size works but be sure to heat them per package directions.
Extras – A dollop of sour cream, salsa, grilled corn guacamole, and a splash of hot sauce or quesadilla sauce, and breakfast tacos are ready to go! For a DIY taco bar, try some small bowls of diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, jalapenos, green chiles, diced onions, or even some diced potatoes will add more flavor and texture to breakfast tacos!
How to Make Breakfast Tacos
- Prep egg mixture and set it aside.
- Cook bacon and then add the egg mixture and cook until the eggs are just firm.
- Scoop egg mixture into warmed tortillas and top with cheese before serving.
Tips & Tricks!
Make breakfast tacos in advance, wrap them in plastic and heat them in the microwave for a quick grab-and-go meal. Keep leftover breakfast taco mixture in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat in the microwave.
Other Easy Breakfast Ideas!
Easy Breakfast Tacos
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 4" flour tortillas
- 4 slices bacon or diced ham*
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl combine eggs and milk. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut bacon into ½ inch pieces. In a large skillet, cook bacon on medium-high heat until crispy. Once cooked, scoop bacon onto a paper towel-lined plate, reserving ½ tablespoon of bacon grease in the pan.
- While bacon is cooking, heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and stir until they are firm but still glossy.
- Take ⅙ of egg mixture and add to each tortilla.
- Top with shredded cheese and bacon bits. Serve with avocado and your favorite toppings (cilantro, pico de gallo, etc.)
- *If using diced ham, scramble it in with the eggs. Just add oil to the pan when cooking instead of bacon grease.
- Breakfast tacos can be made in advance and refrigerated. Just wrap them in plastic, then enjoy cold or heat in the microwave.
- Refrigerate leftover breakfast taco mixture in a covered container for up to 4 days.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Easy Breakfast Tacos recipe!