If you love all things blueberry like blueberry cobbler, blueberry coffee cake or blueberry cheesecake then you are going to adore these easy blueberry muffins! They are super tender, loaded with sweet bursting blueberries, and have a slightly crisp muffin top.
Homemade Blueberry Muffins
Pin it to your BREAKFAST BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
How To Make Blueberry Muffins
This homemade blueberry muffin recipe is so easy to follow! Only 3 steps needed for moist and delicious muffins1!
- Mix dry ingredients together. Whisk liquid ingredients together.
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, then fold in blueberries. Don’t over mix.
- Fill muffin tins, then bake.
How To Store Blueberry Muffins
Storing muffins is simple! Be sure to allow them to cool completely, then store in one of the following ways:
- Placed in an airtight container.
- Placed into a plastic zippered bag.
- Wrap each with plastic wrap.
You can store muffins this way for 1-2 days on the counter, about 5 days in the fridge or about 3-4 months in the freezer.
I love to keep a healthy amount stocked in the freezer for an easy grab-n-go breakfast or afternoon snack!
Tips For Success!
High Temperature – Cooking muffins at a high temperature helps them to rise high, which is what you want in a scrumptious muffin! Fill muffin tin wells almost all the way to the top.
Mix First – Be sure to mix the wet ingredients first before adding to the dry ingredients. You do not want to over mix the batter as this can produce a tougher crumb. We want to keep these muffins light and fluffy!
Fresh or Frozen – You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries in this recipe. Be aware that frozen blueberries tend to ‘bleed’ more than fresh ones do, but the taste will be the same.
Sugar Topping – Before popping your muffins in the oven, sprinkle the tops with sugar. This creates a crisp crust just like the muffins you get at a bakery.
Add Lemon – If you love lemon, substitute 2 tablespoons milk with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and add 2 teaspoons lemon zest.
More Delicious Recipes To Try!
Nutella Pumpkin Muffins – decadent!
Zucchini Bread – so easy to make!
Cranberry Orange Muffins – sweet-tart flavor!
Cinnamon Apple Bread – perfect for fall!
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins – family favorite!
Homemade Blueberry Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400˚F and line a muffin tin with 8 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Measure liquid ingredients, whisk and add to the dry ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries and divide batter among 8 baking cups.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons sugar over the tops. Pour 1 tablespoon water into the empty wells for even baking.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan until cool enough to handle. Remove from pan and let cool completely on cooling rack.