Transform the traditional chicken pot pie and make it mini with this easy homemade Mini Chicken Pot Pies recipe.
These little individual bites can be served as a tasty appetizer, for lunch, or as a fun dinner dish. They are so tasty and super simple to make! The pastry crust is made from flaky Pillsbury dough, while the filling is made with chicken, some canned soup, and mixed vegetables. With just 15 minutes to bake they will be ready in no time!
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
PIN IT to your APPETIZER board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Individual Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Individual chicken pot pies are a small and easy meal to make for lunch or as an appetizer. A flaky and tender crust is filled with a creamy vegetable and juicy chicken filling.
- The crust made with crescent roll dough is so flaky and tender. Combine that with a creamy and tasty filling and these chicken pot bites will not last long.
CRESCENT ROLLS – The best crust for these chicken bites is made by Pillsbury crescent roll dough. Don’t mistake it for the Pillsbury biscuits. This can easily be found in the freezer/refrigerator section of the supermarket. Open the can, separate each roll, and add to muffin cups.
CHICKEN POT PIE FILLING – This creamy filling is made with just a few simple ingredients – a can of cream of chicken soup, cooked chicken, and mixed vegetables. What a great way to use up leftover chicken and veggies! Or use this easy shredded chicken recipe to make chicken just for this purpose.
How To Make Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Miraculous mini chicken pot pies in just 25 minutes.
- Cook all the filling ingredients in a saucepan.
- Place dough in muffin tins
- Add the filling.
- Bake (as per the recipe below).
Recipe Tips & Time Savers
To save time, make the filling in advance and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to assemble. Or fill the muffin tins, cover them with the saran wrap, and store them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Alternately, assemble and bake these individual chicken pot pie bites, let them cool and refrigerate. Then simply reheat when company arrives.
What To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie
Serve these tasty bite sized pies with a light and fresh Spinach and Strawberry Salad or an Easy Broccoli Salad. Or serve them with a side of delicious Sweet Potato Fries. Add these little chicken pot pie bites to an appetizer platter along with Meatball Sliders and Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms.
Any leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-5 days. For longer storage, place them on a tray and freeze, then move to a container or zippered bag with the date labeled on the outside for about 3 months.
Thaw frozen chicken pot pie bites before reheating. Place on a baking sheet in a preheated 300˚F oven for about 15 minutes, or heat for 5 minutes in a 325˚F air fryer.
Other Delicious Appetizers!
- Crab & Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Rolls – creamy and delicious!
- Pull-Apart Crescents with Spinach Artichoke Dip – perfect party appetizer.
- Air Fryer Mini Pizzas – quick and easy!
- Green Bean Bites – Trader Joe’s Copy Cat recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos – delicious game day appetizer.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Stir together soup and water in a saucepan, then add chicken and vegetables. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Unroll crescents and cut into circles or squares, fitting them into the muffin tins.
- Fill each tin with chicken mixture.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the dough is golden brown in color.