Sweet Potato Fries
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Baked homemade Sweet Potato Fries are to die for! This easy recipe makes colorful, crispy fries that go great with sandwiches, burgers, or hot dogs! Seasoned and roasted in the oven, sweet potato fries are a healthy alternative to regular French fries.
Sweet Potato Fries
Pin it to your SIDES BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
How To Bake Sweet Potato Fries
- Select sweet potatoes that are firm and without blemishes or soft spots. Scrub them in the sink and pat them dry before cutting. Sweet potatoes can be peeled, or the peels can be left on for a more rustic look and a bit more fiber. Using a French fry slicer or a sharp knife, slice sweet potatoes a half inch thick.
- Season with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheets for about 30 minutes. For best results, rotate the pans from top to bottom halfway through baking so they cook evenly. To get them ultra-crispy, place them under the broiler about two minutes before serving.
How To Season Sweet Potato Fries
This recipe keeps it simple with just a little salt and pepper. But after baking, feel free to sprinkle on any type of seasoning for a tastier fry!
Some yummy suggestions are Italian, Cajun or Fajita seasonings.
What To Serve With Sweet Potato Fries
Everything goes with homemade sweet potato fries! They can be served with something casual like Juicy Turkey Burgers, and yet they can be dressed up to serve with a dinner like Oven Baked Rosemary Chicken.
How To Store Sweet Potato Fries
Keep sweet potato fries in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to reheat.
- Oven – bake fries for about 20 minutes at 300˚F.
- Microwave– heat on medium power for 20 second intervals until warmed.
Can Sweet Potato Fries Be Frozen?
Already cooked sweet potato fries can be frozen but will be soft after thawing and reheating. It’s best to freeze them after cutting them, then roasting in the oven when a fresh batch is called for!
Other Delicious Potato Recipes!
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes – an easy casserole.
Funeral Potatoes – perfect for a potluck.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes – family favorite.
Sausage and Potatoes Skillet – a delicious main dish.
Crockpot Corn Chowder with Potatoes and Bacon – so hearty and delicious.
These Homemade Sweet Potato Fries are simple to make, but full of flavor!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes small, sliced 1/2" thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450°F. For best results, line two baking pans with parchment paper and a rack on top.
Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1/2" fries.
Toss with olive oil and seasonings and place on prepared pans, careful not to overcrowd.
Bake 28-30 minutes, switching the placement of the pans after 15 mins.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
*this recipe is inspired by the SpendWithPennies Sweet Potato Fries recipe!