There’s no party until the bacon wrapped jalapenos arrive!
Fresh jalapeno halves are loaded with cream cheese, wrapped with smoky bacon, and baked up tender-crisp!
Three ingredients, three ways to make them all in less than 30 minutes? Yes, please!
The Best Party Appetizer!
- Quick and easy bacon-wrapped jalapenos are perfect for game day, movie night, or any time you want a tasty side dish!
- Prep ahead and pop them in the oven right before the guests arrive!
- This uber-easy recipe for cream cheese stuffed poppers is bistro-menu worthy and the perfect snack for your low-carb loving friends and family!
Easy 3 Ingredient Recipe!
Jalapenos – These peppers are firm, and slightly sweet, with a mild spicy bite. Strip the membranes and seeds out for less heat or stir the seeds into the cream cheese for a spicier bite! Baby bell peppers can also be used in this recipe for a colorful and less spicy snack!
Cream Cheese – Let cream cheese come to room temp for easier use. Add some sharp cheddar, crumbled blue cheese, chopped black olives, cilantro, or sliced green onions for extra flavor and color.
Bacon – Strips of bacon or bacon bits add smoky flavor and the right amount of flavorful fats to stuffed jalapenos. Besides wrapping them, you can stir bacon bits into the cream cheese or top it with bacon bits. Anything goes!
Variations – Make ‘em meaty and stir in some ground Italian sausage or shredded chicken into the cream cheese. Finely chopped spinach, broccoli or celery adds crunch and a little boost of nutrition.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
There’s no party until the bacon-wrapped jalapenos are served!
- Prep the jalapenos as directed in the recipe below.
- Fill each half with cream cheese.
- Wrap each jalapeno with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
How Long to Cook Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
In the Oven (per recipe below): Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes.
On the Grill: Grill on medium heat and cook for 30-40 minutes.
In the Air Fryer: Place bacon-wrapped jalapenos in a single layer in the Air Fryer and cook for 12-15 minutes at 375°F.
Tips for Success
When handling jalapenos, please, please, please wear gloves. The oils in the peppers can affect (and burn) your skin if you’re cutting several peppers.
- Keep leftover bacon-wrapped jalapenos in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy them cold or reheat them in the microwave.
- Bacon-wrapped jalapenos are the perfect snack to have on hand for unexpected guests. Prep a couple of large trays and freeze them (before cooking). Once frozen, transfer them to a sealed container (or freezer bag) and store them for a few months.
Have you tried this recipe for Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos? Leave a comment and rating below!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- 6 jalapenos
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 strips bacon halved
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut each jalapeno in half and remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Fill each jalapeno full of cream cheese. Wrap each jalapeno half with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crispy and peppers are tender.
- Wear gloves when handling jalapenos if possible.
- To cook:
- Oven 450˚F – 20 to 25 minutes.
- Grill – medium heat – 30 to 40 minutes.
- Air Fryer 375˚F for 12-15 minutes.
- Freeze cooked, or uncooked, jalapeno poppers individually, then transfer to a zippered bag. Store for about 2 months.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.