Few appetizers are more fun to eat than these Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos!
This dish has everything! Cream cheese is packed into a spicy jalapeno pepper half and wrapped with a salty strip of bacon and then baked to bite-sized, crispy perfection. This is the best jalapeno poppers recipe to make for the big game, a party or just to share with the family.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
The Best Jalapeno Poppers
- Quick and easy to make this bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers recipe is ready in only 3 steps under 30 minutes.
- Who doesn’t love stuffed appetizers? Portable and bite-sized, perfect for snacking! Try these bite-sized partners to jalapeno poppers: Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms or some Mozzarella Stuffed Mini Meatloaf.
- Prep, wrap and freeze in advance. Bake in the oven or cook from frozen in the air fryer!
3 Ingredient Recipe!
JALAPENOS: Choose whole, firm peppers, preferably with the stem still on them. Plan about 3 per person.
CHEESE: Cream cheese has a rich, creamy flavor that goes perfectly with the salty bacon and it melts smoothly. Add shredded cheddar or a Mexican blend for a sharper cheese flavor. A package of taco or chili seasoning will also boost the flavor, too!
ADD-INS: So many delicious things can be ‘stuffed’ into jalapenos! Try seasoned ground beef or sausage, chopped black olives, black beans, even chopped spinach!
BACON: Bacon makes everything taste better, right? Choose thin, meaty slices in regular, pepper bacon, or maple bacon. No bacon on hand? Sprinkle bacon bits on top of stuffed jalapenos and bake per recipe.
How Do You Make Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos?
What makes poppers so much fun to eat also makes them so much fun to make! So many options!
- Cut jalapenos.
- Fill with cream cheese. Wrap with bacon.
- Secure bacon with a toothpick.
- Bake (as per the recipe below).
How Long to Cook Stuffed Jalapenos?
- Bake stuffed jalapenos 20 to 25 minutes in the oven.
On the Grill – place poppers on a lightly oiled grill grate. On medium heat, grill them for about 30 to 40 minutes.
In the Air Fryer – Preheat the air fryer and place bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos on the tray with space between them. Fry for 10 to 12 minutes.
Best Jalapeno Poppers Tips!
- Wear gloves or grease your hands with oil before handling jalapenos.
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature so it is easier to work with.
- Scoop the cream cheese into a zippered bag and cut one corner off to easily pipe the cheese filling into each jalapeno half.
Can You Freeze Stuffed Jalapenos?
Pre-cooked or cooked and cooled, freeze jalapeno poppers by placing them on a baking sheet to freeze and then transfer them to a zippered bag (this keeps them from freezing to each other). They can stay frozen up to 8 weeks. Heat from frozen and add an extra 3-5 minutes to the cook time.
Recipes to Serve With Jalapeno Poppers
- Green Bean Bites – a tasty Trader Joe’s Copy Cat recipe
- Air Fryer Mini Pizzas – quick and easy
- Simple Meatballs – always delicious.
- Cheesy Breadsticks – 10 minute prep
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings – perfect together.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos
- 6 jalapenos
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 strips bacon halved
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut each jalapeno in half and remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Fill each jalapeno full of cream cheese. Wrap each jalapeno half with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crispy and peppers are tender.
- Wear gloves when handling jalapenos if possible.
- To cook:
- Oven 450˚F - 20 to 25 minutes.
- Grill - medium heat - 30 to 40 minutes.
- Air Fryer 375˚F for 12-15 minutes.
- Freeze cooked, or uncooked, jalapeno poppers individually, then transfer to a zippered bag. Store for about 2 months.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.