Creamy Chicken is an easy, delicious and savory dish that’s baked with just two ingredients!
This ultimate comfort food is made easily in one pan, with a super simple sauce! Serve it over piping hot noodles or rice with a side of your favorite steamed veggies for the perfect weeknight meal.
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Easy 2-Ingredient Recipe
We love this recipe because it’s made with 2 household staples: chicken and cream of chicken soup! Pop it into the oven to bake and it’s on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Serve with a side of roasted asparagus, some crunchy pickles and some freshly baked dinner rolls to soak up all that yummy sauce. Cook up a steaming pot of rice and this chicken and rice dinner is perfect for busy weeknights!
How To Make Creamy Chicken
With just two ingredients and two steps, this delicious one pan chicken dish could not be easier!
- Place chicken pieces in a casserole dish and cover with soup.
- Bake as directed and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Garnish with parsley if desired!
Ingredients & Variations
Cream of chicken soup is so versatile, why not get creative with what’s on hand in the pantry or fridge?
- Use chicken breasts, thighs, or tenders in this recipe with great results. Try rubbing the chicken with seasonings or herbs before pouring on the soup for extra zing.
- While we use cream of chicken soup in this recipe, any “cream of” soup will do! Try cream of mushroom, celery or cheddar cheese soup. You can also make your own cream of mushroom soup for a delicious homemade meal!
There are so many yummy additions that can be made to this recipe!
- Meat: Bacon bits or leftover cubed ham
- Cheese: Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese before baking
- Frozen Veggies: Frozen mixed veggies, peas, or corn
- Fresh Veggies: Eggplant slices, zucchini rounds, bell pepper strips, or mushrooms (fresh or sautéed!)
Since Creamy Chicken is so easy to make, why not double up on the recipe and save some for later?
- Bake in a casserole dish lined with aluminum foil, leaving about 6” of foil overlapping the edges.
- After it is cooled completely, wrap the chicken tightly in the aluminum foil and secure it in a zippered bag, labelled with the date on it.
Perfect for busy weeknights, just thaw and reheat!
- Use the stovetop, microwave or oven to reheat this recipe. Simply add a little milk to the sauce to prevent it from drying out.
- Refresh the flavors with a little salt and pepper, add some hot sauce or even sprinkle with a Panko crumb topping prior to reheating.
Make a separate batch and store in individual portioned containers for a grab-and-go lunch for work or school.
Other Easy Chicken Recipes To Try!
Chicken Mac ‘N Cheese with Bacon – a yummy side dish.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo – so creamy!
Chicken Tortellini – it’s a complete meal.
Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken – so easy!
Chicken Burrito Bowl – a fiesta in a bowl!
- 1 ½ pounds chicken tenders boneless skinless
- 10.5 ounce cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken in a 2 qt baking dish. Season with salt & pepper if desired. Spread soup directly over chicken.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
Add garlic powder, Italian seasoning or your favorite spices to the soup before adding to the chicken.
Add fresh or frozen vegetables.
Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Love it so easy to make
I also mixed cr of celery & cr of chicken soups and then poured it over the chicken. It was very good.
Hi I have a package of diced chicken that is 1.25 pounds can I use that in lieu of the tender loins?
I haven’t tried it, but I think it would work just fine. It may cook quicker so I would check the chicken early and remove from the oven when the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F
Hi can I freeze this recipe please
Hi Dawn, we haven’t tried freezing this recipe but I would let it cool fully, then store it in an airtight container or zippered bag in the freezer. Hope that helps!
I have made something like this for a long time. The main difference is instead of putting the soup over the chicken…i mix the soup with some precooked rice, spices how ever you wish..i use garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Then i put the chicken on top of the rice mixture, season the chicken with the same spices . Cook on 350 until chicken is done. You can mix in vegis or serve with a salad.
That sounds delicious, Christina! Thanks for sharing.
I tried this but just used custard , and it was awful !!
Oh no, I am sorry to hear that, Emma! You will have to try it with cream of chicken soup. It turns out quite delicious.
If i add frozen veggies, will they come out okay given the cook time? and if i double the recipe, do i need to extend my cook time?
Hi Sonia, frozen veggies will work great in this recipe. To double it I would check it at the expected end time but you may need to add an additional 10-15 minutes for the chicken to reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
My son loved it!! So easy to make and just 2 ingredients!
So glad to hear he loved it!
Can you double this recipe using two cans of cream of chicken and extra chicken
Absolutely Maya! It’s such a great dish to double for extra servings, or for leftovers!
Don’t take short cuts it really shows/tastes.
Hi Albert, we love this recipe for that reason! It’s the perfect shortcut to yummy creamy chicken. If time allows you can definitely prepare a homemade cream sauce to top your chicken with 🙂 We hope you enjoy!
Can you make this in a crockpot
Hi Susan, We have not made this recipe in the crockpot but I think it would turn out great!
My family loved it, my fiancé just requested more cheese.
Do you cover it with the aluminum foil
We bake this creamy chicken uncovered. Enjoy Tori!
While baking, do you cover it with a lid or Foil?
We bake this creamy chicken uncovered. Enjoy Mary!
Do you add water to the cream of chicken
No water added Sabrina. Enjoy the chicken!
Was really good my family loved it!! Thanks so much! Cant wait to try more recipes!!
Glad to hear you enjoyed it, Mila!