Creamy Chicken is an easy, delicious and savory dish that’s baked with just two ingredients!
This ultimate comfort food is made easily in one pan, with a super simple sauce! Serve it over piping hot noodles or rice with a side of your favorite steamed veggies for the perfect weeknight meal.
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Easy 2-Ingredient Recipe
We love this recipe because it’s made with 2 household staples: chicken and cream of chicken soup! Pop it into the oven to bake and it’s on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Serve with a side of roasted asparagus, some crunchy pickles and some freshly baked dinner rolls to soak up all that yummy sauce. Cook up a steaming pot of rice and this chicken and rice dinner is perfect for busy weeknights!
How To Make Creamy Chicken
With just two ingredients and two steps, this delicious one pan chicken dish could not be easier!
- Place chicken pieces in a casserole dish and cover with soup.
- Bake as directed and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Garnish with parsley if desired!
Ingredients & Variations
Cream of chicken soup is so versatile, why not get creative with what’s on hand in the pantry or fridge?
- Use chicken breasts, thighs, or tenders in this recipe with great results. Try rubbing the chicken with seasonings or herbs before pouring on the soup for extra zing.
- While we use cream of chicken soup in this recipe, any “cream of” soup will do! Try cream of mushroom, celery or cheddar cheese soup. You can also make your own cream of mushroom soup for a delicious homemade meal!
There are so many yummy additions that can be made to this recipe!
- Meat: Bacon bits or leftover cubed ham
- Cheese: Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese before baking
- Frozen Veggies: Frozen mixed veggies, peas, or corn
- Fresh Veggies: Eggplant slices, zucchini rounds, bell pepper strips, or mushrooms (fresh or sautéed!)
Since Creamy Chicken is so easy to make, why not double up on the recipe and save some for later?
- Bake in a casserole dish lined with aluminum foil, leaving about 6” of foil overlapping the edges.
- After it is cooled completely, wrap the chicken tightly in the aluminum foil and secure it in a zippered bag, labelled with the date on it.
Perfect for busy weeknights, just thaw and reheat!
- Use the stovetop, microwave or oven to reheat this recipe. Simply add a little milk to the sauce to prevent it from drying out.
- Refresh the flavors with a little salt and pepper, add some hot sauce or even sprinkle with a Panko crumb topping prior to reheating.
Make a separate batch and store in individual portioned containers for a grab-and-go lunch for work or school.
Other Easy Chicken Recipes To Try!
Chicken Mac ‘N Cheese with Bacon – a yummy side dish.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo – so creamy!
Chicken Tortellini – it’s a complete meal.
Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken – so easy!
Chicken Burrito Bowl – a fiesta in a bowl!
- 1 ½ pounds chicken tenders boneless skinless
- 10.5 ounce cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken in a 2 qt baking dish. Season with salt & pepper if desired. Spread soup directly over chicken.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
Add garlic powder, Italian seasoning or your favorite spices to the soup before adding to the chicken.
Add fresh or frozen vegetables.
Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.