Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Pasta Salad is one of my favorite things to eat when it’s warm out and this Mediterranean Pasta Salad is my new favorite. It comes together quickly, it’s refreshingly cool, perfect for transporting to a barbecue, and it’s full of healthy veggies.
How to Make Pasta Salad?
- The first step is to get your pasta cooked. You’ll want to make sure you salt the water thoroughly so that the noodles are well seasoned. Once they are done, drain the pasta and place it in a bowl of ice water so it can cool down completely. Once the ice has melted and the noodles are chilled, drain off the water and place the pasta back in the bowl.
- While the pasta cooks, chop up the veggies and drain and rinse the beans. I like to cut the onions and cucumber thin and cut the artichoke hearts in half so that they are more bite sized. You can use roasted red bell pepper in this but pimientos already come chopped up and I’m all for taking shortcuts.
- The last step to making this salad is making the dressing. Don’t be intimidated about making your own dressing! All you need are a few simple ingredients and a jar. Place the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and salt & pepper in the jar and give it a good shake.
Can I make this in advance?
Yes! That’s partially why I love this salad so much. It lasts for up to 4 days in the fridge. It’s the perfect salad for taking to a potluck or meal prepping for lunch or dinner for the week. Enjoy!
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 10 ounces cavatappi pasta
- 1 ½ cups cucumber sliced
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces pimientos
- 7 marinated artichoke hearts halved
- ¼ red onion sliced thin
- ⅔ cup kalamata olives sliced
- ¾ cup feta
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package. Drain and then place in a bowl of ice water until chilled and then drain again.
- In a large bowl add pasta, cucumber, chickpeas, pimientos, artichoke hearts, red onions, olives, and feta cheese. Pour dressing over the top, toss, and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Place dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake to combine.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Repin this Perfect Pasta Recipe
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Rainbow Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Summer Veggie Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Spinach & Tomato Chicken Pasta Salad