Glazed Donut French Toast recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
Okay, confession time. First: my 9 year old daughter came up with this idea. Confession number 2: I had to work really hard on my self control so I didn’t eat every last bit of these. French toast is my favorite breakfast food, and let’s be honest, donuts are good all the time. Mix the two, you’ve got heaven on a plate!! Now, when making this you need to remember that you need to put the heat on a lower setting than when you’re making regular french toast, and you will need to keep a close eye on the glazed side of the donut. The glazed side is harder to cook and it burns faster so you might want to just assume that you will need to practice on the first donut to get it right 😉
Sweet and fluffy french toast made from donuts is perfect for breakfast or dessert!
- 6 glazed donuts
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk or you can use half and half or even liquid coffee creamer
- In a small mixing bowl combine eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk.
- Beat well and set aside.
- Cut donuts in halves and dip each into the egg mixture.
- Place 2 donuts halves into a greased pan over medium heat.
- Cook with cut side down until lightly browned.
- Flip and cook on glazed side, watching very closely until just cooked.
- Mix equal parts milk and powdered sugar in a bowl and drizzle over donuts.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)