Start the weekend off right with this Glazed Donut French Toast recipe made easy!
Five basic ingredients are all you need to make this super easy and quick French toast that’s perfect for any holiday or celebration. Sweetly flavored old fashioned glazed donuts are dipped in a cinnamon and vanilla flavored batter and then pan-fried to perfection!
Glazed Donut French Toast
PIN IT your BREAKFAST BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentslessMeals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What is French Toast?
A classic French toast recipe is made by cooking or baking bread that has been dipped in a seasoned cream and egg mixture. But unique gourmet French toast recipes can be easily created using all kinds of ingredients like fruit & preserves, or even spreads like peanut butter or Nutella! Make your French toast as fancy as you like!
How to Make French Toast Easy
For perfect results every time, use thicker pieces of bread—like the donuts we use here— or mix things up and use challah.
Even a plain baguette cut into thick slices makes excellent French toast. The bread needs to be thick enough to soak up the batter without getting soggy.
- For this recipe, we sliced the donuts in half (like a bagel) and dipped each half into the batter, pressing down to allow the donut to soak up more batter.
- Fry the pieces in a greased pan. When both sides are crispy and brown, arrange the French toast pieces on a serving platter.
- When all of the pieces are cooked, drizzle the glaze over the donuts and serve immediately.
For a Unique French Toast Casserole
- Make an easy and unique French toast casserole by arranging the donut halves in a greased casserole dish. Pour the egg mixture overtop.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350°F for about 25 minutes or until the tops of the donuts are brown and crispy.
French Toast Toppings
- Fresh or frozen berries are the perfect topping on French toast. Sprinkle frozen berries with sugar, then microwave until berries are warm and release their juices, for a delicious and super quick berry syrup!
- But don’t forget to try other toppings like toasted nuts, chocolate chips, or even crushed Oreo cookies!
- Freshly whipped cream warmed maple syrup or preserves are always a delicious topping, too!
What Goes With French Toast
Other Easy French Toast Recipes To Try!
- Cinnamon French Toast Sticks – kid friendly!
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole– easy make ahead breakfast.
- Grand Marnier French Toast – so decadent.
- French Toast Bake – family favorite recipe.
Glazed Donut French Toast
- 6 glazed donuts
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup milk or you can use half and half or even liquid coffee creamer
- Beat together eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk. Set aside.
- Cut donuts in half and dip into egg mixture.
- Place 2 donut halves cut side down into a greased pan over medium heat. Cook until lightly browned.
- Flip and cook until just brown and warmed through.
- Sprinkle with your choice of toppings like powdered sugar, pecans or whipped cream.