This Chocolate Dipped Air Fryer Donut Recipe yields the perfect glazed confection for a tasty dessert or cozy breakfast treat.
This donut recipe rings of old-fashioned sweet simplicity. Air fryer biscuit donuts are topped with a simple chocolate glaze for donuts that are utterly irresistible, especially when served alongside a Peppermint Mocha Latte. This sweet treat is perfect for any occasion, and they bake up super quick and easy in the air fryer!
Chocolate Dipped Air Fryer Donut Recipe
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
- Baked donuts are such a wonderful treat. Fluffy and sweet they are great for frosting, sprinkling and rolling in all kinds of toppings.
- This recipe brings that sweet delicacy home to the air fryer and you don’t need to be a professional baker to do it. The air fryer makes the best baked goods.
- Forget those donuts made by Dunkin and other stores like it. Making them in the air fryer gives them a healthy edge over the store-bought varieties which are deep-fried in oil and have more sugar.
Ingredients and Variations
THE BATTER – This easy baked donut recipe calls for one can of pre-made biscuit dough. The pre-made dough can be purchased at most supermarkets. Pillsbury biscuit dough is the preferred brand, however, any other brand will do. The biscuits from the can are all pre-cut making this step so simple.
THE GLAZE – The chocolate glaze is almost like cake frosting. Powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and milk are the three simple ingredients. But many other toppings can be added to the donut biscuits for delicious results.
How To Make This Chocolate Dipped Air Fryer Donuts Recipe
Here is how to make these DIY donuts:
- Open can and break off individual biscuits
- Cut a hole from the center of each
- Place in the air fryer (as per recipe below)
- Next prepare the glaze:
Chocolate Donut Glaze Recipe
- Whisk all the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl
- Once the donuts are cool, dip in the glaze
- Allow glaze to harden slightly and enjoy!
Tip Top Donuts!
- Don’t crowd the donuts in the air fryer. About 4-5 pieces of dough in the air fryer at a time will ensure that they are not touching.
- Cook them for 3 minutes in the air fryer and then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool before adding the chocolate glaze. If the donuts are too warm, then the glaze won’t stick properly.
- Let the glaze harden before devouring.
- The donuts can be stored at room temperature for 2 days, covered in plastic wrap.
- And don’t let those leftover holes go the waste. Form them into balls and cook them in the air fryer also. Cooking time may need to be adjusted. Roll these in the chocolate glaze or some cinnamon sugar.
Time Saving Tips
- Mix the cocoa powder and sugar in an air-tight container and keep it on hand until the donuts are ready to be glazed. Just add the milk and mix before glazing.
- These donuts can also be frozen and then thawed at room temperature. Make sure to remove any plastic wrap, as this might cling to the chocolate, tearing it away from the biscuit. And really, no one wants that!
Other Easy Recipes To Try!
- Glazed Donut French Toast – easy donut recipe.
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Twists – quick in the air fryer!
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole – perfect for guests.
- Gooey Crock Pot Monkey Bread – simple slow cooker recipe!
- Mini Cheesecake Bites – easy bite sized dessert.
Chocolate Dipped Air Fryer Donut Recipe
- 1 can biscuits
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Cut a circle out of the center of each biscuit using a small 1" cutter.
- Place 4-5 pieces of the dough in the air fryer.
- Cook 3 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from the air fryer and let cool completely.
- While the donuts are cooling whisk together the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once cooled dip the donuts into the glaze letting the extra glaze drip off.
- Place on a cooling rack and let sit until the glaze has hardened.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Air Fryer Chocolate Dipped Donut Recipe!