The Best Chocolate Covered Strawberries are super easy to make and sprinkled with toffee bits!
These are the best chocolate strawberries to share with friends and family for St. Valentine’s Day or a birthday. Instead of ordering them, you can DIY it in mere minutes. They are an elegantly sweet way to show your affections!
Best Chocolate Covered Strawberries
PIN IT your DESSERTS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Homemade Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
We have the recipe for the best chocolate covered strawberries that are swoon-worthy for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, or Christmas. Make them part of special occasion box ideas. Get those creative chocolate ideas flowing! Any time is a good time to show the one you love how much you care with a gift of homemade of chocolate covered strawberries!
Best Chocolate for Dipping Strawberries
Good quality chocolate is easier to find than ever! Most baking sections of the local market carry semi-sweet, dark, and white chocolate and they are all perfect for this recipe! Make up a batch or two, box them and tie them up with your favorite bow and share with someone you love! Making chocolate covered strawberries is a fun family activity, get the kids involved, and come up with some new decorating ideas of your own!
How To Make Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Chocolate strawberries are a fun and easy gift to make in just three easy steps!
- Heat both types of chocolate until smooth.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate and lay on a parchment papered pan.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits and chill until set.
How To Store Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Keep chocolate-covered strawberries in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Add a slice of bread to absorb any excess moisture that temperature fluctuations might create. They can be kept in the refrigerator if they are individually wrapped in paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ideas
- Once strawberries are dipped, sprinkle them with small confetti candies, colored sugar crystals, nonpareils, even crushed Oreo cookies!
- Make dessert pops by inserting wooden skewers into the bottom of each strawberry and then dipping into the chocolate. Insert each hardened pop into a small plastic bag, secure with a pretty ribbon, and make a bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries! These can even be placed in a pretty vase filled with candy hearts instead of water.
- Make a special snack by serving a mug of hot chocolate along with a plate full of these chocolate covered strawberries. So decadent!
- PRO TIP: Add some red food coloring to the melted white chocolate to make pink coated strawberries that are perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Time Saving Tips
- Make sure all ingredients are at the ready before melting the chocolate. With everything in place including small bowls of sprinkles, etc., the chocolate won’t have a chance to harden before it’s time to add decorations and extras.
- For faster hardening, try placing the tray of dipped/decorated strawberries in the freezer for a few minutes before transferring to the refrigerator. Just be sure not to leave the berries in the freezer for more than a few minutes, so they don’t actually freeze and get soft. (Unless you want to serve frozen chocolate dipped strawberries on top of ice cream—which is definitely a delicious possibility!)
Other Delicious Treats To Try!
- Fruit Kabobs with Chocolate Drizzle – especially easy!
- Strawberry Fruit Dip – kid approved.
- Chocolate Truffles – so decadent
- Vanilla Fudge Recipe – perfect for any occasion.
Best Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 15-20 strawberries
- ½ cup toffee bits
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse strawberries. Pat dry.
- Melt white and semi-sweet chocolate chips in two separate microwave safe bowls.
- Microwave on high for 15 second increments, and stir in between until smooth and melted.
- Dip strawberries in white or semi-sweet chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Chill until set.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.