This Green Smoothie recipe is a delicious detox!
Want a great way to start the day or finish a workout? This Green Smoothie recipe is perfect because it has only has 5 ingredients, is a yummy “get healthy fix”, and can be ready in mere minutes!
© CentsLess Meals
Green Smoothie Recipe
PIN IT to your BREAKFAST Board to save it and share it!
Be sure to follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest!
Why We Love Green Smoothies
Green smoothies are all the rage for detoxing and weight loss. What better way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals? Why not try a 10-day green smoothie challenge? One green smoothie a day may be just the health and wellness boost that’s needed! If you’re watching your weight or just looking for a quick cleanse, this green smoothie is just what you need to kickstart a healthy new diet! For a more substantial breakfast try a green smoothie with a blueberry or cranberry orange muffin!
What’s In A Green Smoothie?
Every green smoothie needs a green base. Some recipes use a powdered green tea mix or matcha green tea that is already loaded with healthy ingredients. But making a green smoothie from scratch is easy and economical, too! This one is packed with antioxidants from the superfood kale, but feel free to use frozen or fresh spinach instead. Add spirulina, too if desired!
Although leafy greens are a great source of calcium, extra taste and nutrition comes from yogurt. Feel free to use kefir or a non-dairy alternative yogurt, instead. There are some delicious ones on the market these days, made from cultured coconut, soy, or even calcium-rich almond.
Potassium is found in bananas, and mango, pineapple, or a mixture of all three fruits tastes great with a kale smoothie! For the best color, avoid using berries. But if color doesn’t matter, go ahead and add some yummy berries to the mix!
The basic recipe is essential and so delicious, but sometimes we also like to mix it up a bit!
- Try adding apple to the smoothies gives it a punch of fiber and flavor!
- Or add in some chia seeds, flax meal, or even hemp seeds and get your vegan on!
- We like wheat germ or protein powder too, which can turn this smoothie into a homemade meal replacement shake! Easy to grab and go!
How To Make A Green Smoothie
Nothing can be easier than throwing together a super healthy and super tasty green smoothie!
- Blend the kale with juice until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
PRO TIP: If smoothie is too thick, add a little more juice until the desired consistency is achieved.
Perfect Smoothies Every Time!
- What makes this smoothie as good as the ones at the smoothie bar? We think it is the right blender. A Vitamix, Ninja, or Magic Bullet has the power needed to grind leafy veggies into purée. Fine dice your fruits and veggies before adding to the blender to ensure they completely blend.
- Smoothies taste best when they are ice-cold, so try to use frozen fruits and small chunks of ice when blending. Smoothies can be frozen, too! Freeze in zippered bags with the date written on the outside. They should keep their flavor for at least a month.
- Or, freeze green smoothies in ice cube trays and pop one out to add to green tea, oatmeal, or even a serving of yogurt for an extra boost of nutrition!
Other Delicious Recipes To Try!
- Egg Muffins – easy, make ahead breakfast.
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich – perfect to grab-n-go!
- Overnight Blueberry Breakfast Cake – for your next bruch.
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Casserole – a hearty breakfast entree.
- Easy Breakfast Tacos – put a spicy twist on breakfast!
Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 ½ cups packed kale
- ⅔ cup orange juice or as needed
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- ½ cup ice
- Blend kale and orange juice until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until thickened and creamy.
- If your mixture is too thick, add orange juice as needed.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.